Destruction?

avocadoflavo

Arachnopeon
My juvenile G AUREO builds a ground web in her hideout. I have trouble picking up cricket cadavers without taking out the whole web. She seems to be pissed when I do it. I just did and when I gently touches her abdomen she turned around (quite slowly.. ) and showed me attitude (stanced for 10 minutes). I don't know what to think..:8o

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nothing to worry about, lol. Sounds normal. Will be easier when she gets bigger.

BigHairy8's

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. aureo does the same deal. Yet she is totally calm when I hold her. This may not be the absolute reason, but I'll give you my opinion. When you disturb the T's web bed, all they know is something is there that may be a potential threat. In that situation they give a threat display to ward off any would be attacker. They are just acting on instinct. It is possible it will lighten up as time goes on. Then again, maybe not. Every T has it's own personality. :)

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well do you mean picking out bolous? or actual dead un-eaten cricket bodies?
If it is indeed cadavers you should refrain from letting them run around in there untill they die. If its just little bolous balls of leftovers, go ahead and leave them. They will harm nothing. When you do your big cleaning just remove them then.

One of my T's is so tidy, that when she is done eating she sweeps the bolous a couple inches outside her webbed hide and I collect them there.