Desert reptiles for reptile room

9darlingcalvi

Arachnosquire
I am planning on getting some reptiles for a future reptile room and I want it to be mainly us native desert/dry grassland species. I might get a leopard gecko but that would be it for exotic herps. Also amphibians are welcome too, maybe a few inverts but no centipedes

RTTB

Arachnoprince
A shovel nose snake (Chionactus) is a favorite of mine. Native small colorful and easy to keep. They love crickets. Primarily insectivores.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Colorado river toads, banded geckos and alligator lizards are nice desert herps. Also collared lizards, though I think they're a little more high maintainence (like, similar to a bearded dragon.)

RTTB

Arachnoprince
If you have a good supply of ants available, a set up with Horned Lizards would be awesome.

Nanchantress

ArachnoFriend
Old Timer
Blue death-feigning beetles would be a great desert display creature. 20170609_075149.jpg

schmiggle

Arachnoking
King snakes I think, and also hognose. There are plenty of vipers, but you probably don't want to go there.

user 666

Arachnobaron
I am planning on getting some reptiles for a future reptile room and I want it to be mainly us native desert/dry grassland species. I might get a leopard gecko but that would be it for exotic herps. Also amphibians are welcome too, maybe a few inverts but no centipedes
I have been wanting a desert horned toad. They're small but interesting.