Desert hairy scorpion (hadrurus arizonenses setup questions)

Harmonicon

Arachnoknight
Hello!

I have a desert hairy scorpion in a 10 gallon with a mixture of excavator clay and sand. It is good enough for him to burrow in. I have no problems with the setup but I started finding it hard if he ate his food or not. If any of you guys have desert hairy scorpions or other desert scorpions, can u send me a pic/vid of your guys's tanks? Thanks!

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I’ve kept desert species in the past,
Paruroctonus boreus, I wouldn’t be too concerned about you not seeing them eat. If your feeders are missing, I’m sure they are getting eaten.

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hello!

I have a desert hairy scorpion in a 10 gallon with a mixture of excavator clay and sand. It is good enough for him to burrow in. I have no problems with the setup but I started finding it hard if he ate his food or not. If any of you guys have desert hairy scorpions or other desert scorpions, can u send me a pic/vid of your guys's tanks? Thanks!
Does the Scorpion look like it is gaining any girth or is it paper thin?

Is there a water dish?

Harmonicon

Arachnoknight
Does the Scorpion look like it is gaining any girth or is it paper thin?

Is there a water dish?
I don't see him/her that often so it seems like he/she is kinda just staying the same. He/she just recently molted too (he's a subadult I think right now). Yes, I saw your posts on other forums and put in a water dish yesterday.