Desert hairy humidity

mshafer97

Arachnopeon
the humidity in my room can vary from 40-50. i’ve seen people recommend different humidity levels for desert hairys online, so i’m wondering what you guys think? should i buy a dehumidifier or are these levels ok? there are ventilation holes in the sides and i leave the lid off so there’s lots of air flow.

cold blood

Staff member
Just keep the bottom of the sub damp and you will be fine

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
Try and keep your hairy as dry as possible for as long as you can like most desert species to much moisture can cause mycosis. In the wild they burrow to find humidity so to replicate this once every two months I VERY LIGHTLY mist one half of the enclosure. I also ensure there’s a water dish filled up the majority of time. Gets filled up when it gets fed so every week stretching to as far as 6. Don’t bother with dehumidifiers it’s a waste of money and 40-50 is not real issue.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Yeah, these like it dry and are very sensitive to mycosis.
Many keepers recommend a very dry enclosure.
Mine are doing fine at 40-50% relative humidity, never had problems.
I do have a bottle cap with water in threre and mine regularly drink from it.

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
The humidity where I live is 70+% year round. Unless we get a rise in temps then it either decreases to 60s or shoots up to 80-90 in classic UK fashion. I’ve got nothing wrong with any of my arid stuff in these conditions other than an internal injury with my Arizonensis which has got nothing to do with humidity.