Desert hairy health question

Greyghost

Arachnopeon
Hello all, new to the forum and relatively new to keeping scorpions. I have kept a desert blonde tarantula for about 3 years now so I do have some experience. Anyway, I just rehoused my giant desert hairy and I am worried he is sick. He has not eaten for about a week now and just kind of huddles in the corner of the aquarium. He doesn't hide under his rock shelter and i am very concerned he has not even attempted to burrow. Other than that he still looks healthy and does react to stimulus. Does anyone have some ideas as to what's going on? I will post some pics later in the day when I am able. Thanks in advance. Someone posted this thread a few weeks ago which sounds very similar....no replies so I figured I'd link it here. https://arachnoboards.com/threads/recently-moved-desert-hairy-behaving-strangely.326697/

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
My desert hairy does not burrow and spends most of the time in his hide, but spends a lot of time in the corner of the container. He rarely eats as he's SUPER FAT. Pictures would be nice. Hope he's fine :)

pawelb

Arachnopeon
Don't worry, scorpions can not eat for weeks. My Hadogenes have not eaten for 4 months. If it's not skinny, you have nothing to worry about. Maybe it will be molt.