Desert Hairy Dancing

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So... if my Desert Hairy is dancing, would that make it a male? I Goggled... and found reference to males dancing. Or do both male and females dance??

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Are they scorpions or are they dancer?

What sort of dance? Mating dance? Both do that, but you need two to tango.

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are they scorpions or are they dancer?

What sort of dance? Mating dance? Both do that, but you need two to tango.
I only have one... and so I know no babies are coming lol. It was a forward backward motion and the tail was laid almost straight out... At first I thought he was stuck... but when I went to check on him it looked as if his tail was almost digging in the dirt... First time I've seen this, just got it a couple of weeks ago at most.
I have other scorpions, but have never seen this behavior before.

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I only have one... and so I know no babies are coming lol. It was a forward backward motion and the tail was laid almost straight out... At first I thought he was stuck... but when I went to check on him it looked as if his tail was almost digging in the dirt... First time I've seen this, just got it a couple of weeks ago at most.
I have other scorpions, but have never seen this behavior before.
I think I may have seen something like that with my H. arizonensis. In my case, they stick their pedipalps into the substrate with a forward motion of the body at the same time. I can't describe it very well. Might be burrowing behavior.

Sexing them is pretty straightforward if you feel like getting it onto a transparent surface.

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think I may have seen something like that with my H. arizonensis. In my case, they stick their pedipalps into the substrate with a forward motion of the body at the same time. I can't describe it very well. Might be burrowing behavior.

Sexing them is pretty straightforward if you feel like getting it onto a transparent surface.
Okay thanks for your reply :)
I haven't put it in it's permanent cage yet... so I'll get a good picture and look at it's underside soon.

thank you