Desert Hairy and Dubia Roaches

AG98

Arachnopeon
Hello, so I got this desert hairy scorpion for free not too long ago almost 2 weeks, did my research. Put him in a 20 gallon tank setup as you can tell from the pictures to get a better natural environment instead of a small container it came in..
my quetion is now,
How many dubias exactly should I put in his cage exactly and should I just leave them in there ? I just put 3 in there left them for an hour or so . but didn’t seem like Henry Blitz The II was interested as you can see from one of the photos, he just kicked the dubia out of the cave basically lol…
I took out the dubias before they started too burrow . I know scorps can eat other insects as well but I like dealing with dubias I used them for feeders for my other lizards before and they are just all around better.

Attachments

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you just moved the scorp I'd give it a week to calm down and acclimate before trying to feed. When you feed I'd offer one Dubia, not 3. Feed every one to two weeks, if food isn't gone within a day I'd remove it as the scorp likely isn't interested

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
In my experience, alot of scorpions don't really like dubias or roaches at all. I think it has something to do with the roach exoskeleton, its harder for the scorps to eat and digest than crickets. I would suggest cutting out the dubias for now and seeing how the scorp responds to crickets.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
In my experience, dubias work well. I don’t think that’s the problem here. Just give it some time.

AG98

Arachnopeon
After a I spotted Henry posted as he thus now pose for you all , something about the pose told me he wanted a dubia… which he took surpassingly once offered.
Thanks for everyones advice !
One questions remains now. Can anyone tell exactly if it’s a male or female lol ? The pinchers tell me it’s a male, but the the stomach looks like it’s sorta pregnant’ looking like she THICK THICK . after seeing what a pregnant desert hairy scorpion looks like kinda got me thinking what do you guys think ?

Attachments

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
After a I spotted Henry posted as he thus now pose for you all , something about the pose told me he wanted a dubia… which he took surpassingly once offered.
Thanks for everyones advice !
One questions remains now. Can anyone tell exactly if it’s a male or female lol ? The pinchers tell me it’s a male, but the the stomach looks like it’s sorta pregnant’ looking like she THICK THICK . after seeing what a pregnant desert hairy scorpion looks like kinda got me thinking what do you guys think ?
rotundity is not a good signal of sex in scorpions.