Denied access rights

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In May, my Spinifer had her first brood and I got really excited, rearing my own scorplings, watching them grow and develope hunting skills. I feed them, I water them, I bought them a 4 foot tank with loads of hiding places, I clean out the debris and feacis daily, they live in luxury. And what do I get in return? I get to count their molts that they just leave lying around, this is the only way I know they are still OK (they have all recently molted to 4I)
I have not seen a sling for 6 weeks!!! There mom gaurds the hide they all share (there are plenty of others) and won't let me near them.
I Demand Access Rights To The Children I Have Raised:D

Last edited:

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's pretty bad that the mom appears to be continuing her maternal care of the young.

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Why dont you just raise the hide and remove them?
I think I'll need to go to Scorp Court to get visitation.

Seriously though, not seeing tropical forest scorps for long periods of time is a of frustration of owning them, just thought I'd put a comical slant on the joys of raising Het. or Pandinus sp. Mom has done a first class job of catching pray and reducing it to a size suitable for the slings, and she is very protective. I'm not worried about them, there has been zero fatalities and all are doing well. I am very proud of her. As for removing them, I'm happy that they are living together, dispite the size of their tank (4'x1.5'x1') as this shows they are getting along fine and I don't want to disturb them. I would just like to see them from time to time. Actualy thinking of renting an infra red camera to record them one night to see what they get up to. Anyone else done this?

Damo