Delopelma

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, I am getting a 3 months delopelma, can any one tell me if is hard to raise and any other information.. Is hard to find this species in Internet

Thanks

Ines

ORION_DV8

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that is a Chromatopelma cyanopubescens, it is on my wish list it is a desert species (Found near Coro cerca de los medanos) thats all the info i have as i understand they are not that hard to keep
ORION

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by ORION_DV8
that is a Chromatopelma cyanopubescens, it is on my wish list it is a desert species (Found near Coro cerca de los medanos) thats all the info i have as i understand they are not that hard to keep
ORION
Thanks a lot compatriot :)

IMPM

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by ORION_DV8
ORION
The picture was hard for me to see. But if it is a Chromatopelma cyanopubescens (common name: green bottle blue), here is a short description for them. I pulled this off of www.swiftinverts.com. I am sure there are more care sheets for them, but this gives you a general idea.

"From the scrubland of Venezuela, these beautiful multicolored wonders need no introduction, keep on the drier side, toughest thing since an "Usambara"! "

Hope that helps.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Heh heh. What a coincidence. I own a Greenbottle Blue myselef. She/He is still small and does not have its adult coloration. All I can say is that they are very easy to care for. But they are a little jumpy. Mine runs around in fear whenever I open its deli cup when I feed and water it.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Before this thread goes too much further.. Delopelma was synonomized with Aphonopelma, not Chromatopelma. The site above may have it mislabeled. I would expect a brown tarantula, that prefers a drier climate, with only that to go on.

Bill

defour

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Before this thread goes too much further.. Delopelma was synonomized with Aphonopelma, not Chromatopelma. The site above may have it mislabeled. I would expect a brown tarantula, that prefers a drier climate, with only that to go on.

Bill
Yes, but Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens was placed in Delopelma until pretty recently. Given the slow rate at which taxonomic changes are reflected in some dealer's price lists, I'd bet the spider in question turns out to be a C. cyaneopubescens.

Steve

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks to all... I think Im going to buy it

Ines