Delayed molting

Tarantula Tech

Arachnopeon
Anyone faced with delayed molting from juvenile Ts ? I have been keeping very up to date record of all my Ts on their day of molt. I am troubled by the long duration between molts by some juvenile Ts. My Fireleg, Nhandu Chromatus, A Seemanni are now into their 4th month without molting. Definitely not adult yet as they are about 2 inches in leg span. Any advice ?

cold blood

Staff member
As a t grows, its molt cycles increase significantly....advice? Keep waiting...at that size it could be till spring for some of them....the Nhandu should molt first....the other two, ya just never know, it could be a good while still.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Man...my Eupalaestrus campestratus has been in premolt for 3 months and refusing food. 1/2" sling. I have not seen a premolt this long before but not worried. Nothing I can do but keep giving it water and wait :)

That is awesome that you keep track of the molts! Kinda like a life story!

cold blood

Staff member
Man...my Eupalaestrus campestratus has been in premolt for 3 months and refusing food. 1/2" sling. I have not seen a premolt this long before but not worried. Nothing I can do but keep giving it water and wait :)

!
I just had a 1" chalcodes molt tonight....been a good six months...last ate around 4 months ago....I have 2 1.25" pulchra that haven't molted in a good year....they've both looked pre-molt for over 5 months.

Yeah, it can take a while even as slings...by 2" it's even potentially much longer.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
I just had a 1" chalcodes molt tonight....been a good six months...last ate around 4 months ago....I have 2 1.25" pulchra that haven't molted in a good year....they've both looked pre-molt for over 5 months.

Yeah, it can take a while even as slings...by 2" it's even potentially much longer.
Congrats on the calchodes! The one I have builds the craziest burrows and seems obsessed with burying its water dish under all the sub it pulls out from its burrow!

My pulchra is about the same size as your's. Got it at an inch in August and it molted a week later. Great eater but has been refusing food for a week or two. I was wondering how long the premolt could potentially be. Thanks for sharing! :)

Well I got off work and found my pulchra flat on its back with legs up :) 5 hours later it's walking around. Get to watch some yoga!

Last moult was the end of august and the t refused food for a week. Premolt should last longer than a week right? So it must be a good eater then.

Last edited by a moderator: