Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Deformed abdomen?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by SoupyC, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Advertisement
    Greetings all. My B. albopilosum female just molted and I noticed something odd. The abdomen seems to be misshapen. Have a look:

[​IMG]

That is a picture from straight above her, face first in the water dish. Is it due to her still soft exo, or possibly a bad molt? Is it anything to worry about?

Thanks!

Eric

2. flamesbane

flamesbane Arachnobaron

It is hard to tell, can you post up some more pictures from different angles? How long ago was the molt?

3. WelshTan

WelshTan Arachnoprince

i second that ... more picures of more angles needed ... inc from behind too ... am not too sure but a wrinkled abdomen may signal dehydration so ensuring a good fresh water supply close to her will help ... the fact that she is straight into the water dish could be a sign of dehydration

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.