Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Definition of "Sling"

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by JeffK, Dec 25, 2009.

1. paul fleming

paul fleming Arachnoangel

Advertisement
    I am a changed man.....no more handling.....no more arguing......don't know what else I can give up but I am trying to be a good all around spider/forum person.

2. jayefbe

jayefbe Arachnoprince Old Timer

It's a Christmas miracle! I kid, I'm glad to hear it and will now stop giving you a hard time. I guess your name-change is a reflection of this personal development of sorts.

3. Adversary

Adversary Arachnopeon

:rolleyes:

4. paul fleming

Yes :)
    Paul

5. Tapahtyn

Tapahtyn Arachnobaron Old Timer

kk good just wanted to make sure i was using the right terms!

6. paul fleming

7. Google works wonders when one has a question.

8. paul fleming

Not so impressed now.....lol :rolleyes:

9. JeffK

JeffK Arachnopeon

That makes better sense than the word "SLING" to describe a spider. Spiderling makes sense. No where in that paper does it mention the word Sling. Even using Spiderling Instar 1, Spiderling Instar2, etc... is more descriptive than SLING. Apparently from the 20+ responses this has gotten over 2 days it was of some interest. I wouldn't try to reinvent the way spiderlings are described, but maybe if there was some set system that everyone would agree to then it would be of better use when describing what you are trying to sell or buy. SLING seems to mean nothing more than a small spider.

When I see SLING in an add is it 1/4 inch? 1/2 inch? or 2 inch? MAYBE 1 day old, 5 days old, 3 weeks old? Of course depending on what you are looking at Large vs Small T. it would mean different things, but the Word SLING tells me nothing except that it is small. There doesn't appear to be any system to describe what size or age the SLING is. MAYBE that is what the Vendor wants? They can sell you a hatchling (1-2 day old) for the same price as someone who sells theirs at 9 weeks.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  10. Pedemonte Mario

Pedemonte Mario Arachnopeon

What about subsub adult? or is that only in Araneomorphae? :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.