Decorating the enclosure

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I used non-toxic acrylic paint and sealed it with mod podge in my obt enclosure and made it all super fancy (and purple!). I let it air our for a week or more just to ensure it was completely dry and all smells and potential chemicals had subsided. She's been in there several months with no ill effects and molted and everything. Be careful with fake flowers and such, too, though. As the dye on them has potential to be toxic. Basically, just use your best judgment and carefully selected and clean / soak / dry everything really well.

**Though I will mention it is a completely dry enclosure with no direct heat source. I'd worry about wetter conditions and stronger heat source near it causing chemicals to potentially leak? This is not something I have test beyond this enclosure.

Last edited:

Jpeg

Arachnopeon
If you used the waterbased tub-type Mod Podge it is essentially a PVA glue and won't be very water-resistant. Should be fine kept dry though. If you do this for wet enclosures you should seal with a clear chemically curing resin.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you used the waterbased tub-type Mod Podge it is essentially a PVA glue and won't be very water-resistant. Should be fine kept dry though. If you do this for wet enclosures you should seal with a clear chemically curing resin.
Yeah. I agree. I'd suggest with pretty much anything you wanna experiment with keep in a bone dry enclosure with no direct heat source.