Decided

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have decided tonight to get two Cyriopagopus sp at 1" for $40 from botar.

I just need a caresheet for these guys and a few questions answered:

1) do they grow fast?
2) If/when they officially become aboreal? or do they stay semi aboreal?
3) what is their temperment?
4) do they only come in blue????

and any more helpful information is great thanks everyone. Hopefully one of these is female or maybe even both.

if im lucky one will be male and the other female.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have decided tonight to get two Cyriopagopus sp at 1" for $40 from botar.

I just need a caresheet for these guys and a few questions answered:

1) do they grow fast?

and any more helpful information is great thanks everyone. Hopefully one of these is female or maybe even both.

if im lucky one will be male and the other female.

They grow faster then most taranutlas, especially if you feed them. I got mine in January, and it's molted once and is in premolt agian. I've been wondering the answer to that question myself, and I have come to the conclusion that it depends on the individual. Set the tank up as semi-arboreal. They are skittish and semi-defensive. The males turn greenish once matured. The slings aren't really "blue" persay. They are more tannish blue, once they get older they become bluish-purple. Keep them semi-humid, they'll like that. Good luck on getting a pair.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
1) do they grow fast?
1- they are medium/fast growers. Mature in 2-3 1/2 years or there about sometimes less depending on your conditions.
2- Of the captive I have owned all have been semi aboreal slings and adults alike.
3- As slings they are speed demons, as adults they will hold their ground and throw great threat displays. Over all skitish and I dont handle.
4- Adult females are a bluish purple. A great color if you ask me.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Mine are mostly arboreal, though they do use substrate to create web tunnels and may live closer to the ground in said tunnels. In the wild they are strictly arboreal so the captive conditions should mirror that in my opinion. Just make sure they have a couple of inches of substrate to play with. Generally they can be housed the same as pokies. Make sure not to let them dry out too much, I lost a large sling from forgetting to mist.

There is another Cyriopagopus sp. that is black in colour, though I do not believe they are readily available in the States yet.

Mine have shown moderate growth rates, and as for temperament they are quite skittish and secretive, though not overly defensive, yet.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine are mostly arboreal, though they do use substrate to create web tunnels and may live closer to the ground in said tunnels. In the wild they are strictly arboreal so the captive conditions should mirror that in my opinion. Just make sure they have a couple of inches of substrate to play with. Generally they can be housed the same as pokies. Make sure not to let them dry out too much, I lost a large sling from forgetting to mist.

There is another Cyriopagopus sp. that is black in colour, though I do not believe they are readily available in the States yet.

Mine have shown moderate growth rates, and as for temperament they are quite skittish and secretive, though not overly defensive, yet.
Thanks everyone for the quick responses... Can i see pictures of everyones set up?......I think onces I get these two guys and a member or two from the Hap family I'm going to cease my collecting.....but that's probably a lie {D {D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks everyone for the quick responses... Can i see pictures of everyones set up?......I think onces I get these two guys and a member or two from the Hap family I'm going to cease my collecting.....but that's probably a lie {D {D

Mines only a large sling, but I'll get you the picture of the setup sometime soon. It's very simple.

Oh ya, that's a lie! No one can stop!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Peruse the Cyriopagopus picture thread, I'm pretty sure there are some enclosure pics in that thread as well as just spider pics. I'd have to go take some pics and I'm not at home.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, mine are always hiding,my three adult females come out at night only,my juvie..........well i almost never see that 1{D very good choice in this ssp. because when they are out, stop the presses!

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When these guys get to the 9" leg span can i give them live small mice to eat? or that just for the baboons and the bird eaters??

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
When these guys get to the 9" leg span can i give them live small mice to eat? or that just for the baboons and the bird eaters??
i wouldnt feed live mice to any tarantula even if it had a 18 inch legspan for more than one reason

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you want to give it something large and different, than I've seen alot more success with Anoles for large arboreals. Anoles climb and cant hurt your T so its a plus on both levels. Personally I just stick to crickets.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can someone tell me something..

my two 1" singapore blues that I'll be getting on tuesday can they eat small crickets? ( small but not pinheads)?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Depends on how small they are. If the cricket is bigger then the length of the body of the sling, remove the big legs first maybe crush its head a bit. You dont want it fighting back and hurting your T.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Singy blue enclosure

I have a rubbermaid bread keeper (the name give you a hint on how tall it is but I'll give yall demisions anyway lol) which is 6.2*5.9*14.5 inches (15.9*15.1*36.8 cm) Is this too big for one of 1" singapore blues. also I do already have fake leaves in there and some moss:

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have found that my arboreals like G.portentosa (hisser roaches.) They climb the glass which brings them next to the spider more often. They also get big, 3 inches or more. When the T grabs a big one, the hissing makes the kill all that much more exciting.

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i personaly wouldent keep that small of a sling in that big of a set up.. target sells small translucent tuperwhere containers that work perfect for slings... the ones i use are the snap where kind

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Depends on how small they are. If the cricket is bigger then the length of the body of the sling, remove the big legs first maybe crush its head a bit. You dont want it fighting back and hurting your T.
my Theraphosa Apophysis eats crickets without any problems at all, and they are the same size. With legspand my sling is approx. 4 cm (dont know inch) and the crickets i give it is small and have pretty much the same length as my spiders body. But maybe it is irrelevant here, because it is not the same species!

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my Theraphosa Apophysis eats crickets without any problems at all, and they are the same size. With legspand my sling is approx. 4 cm (dont know inch) and the crickets i give it is small and have pretty much the same length as my spiders body. But maybe it is irrelevant here, because it is not the same species!

Ok well today I got my two Singapore Blues (Cyriopagopus sp.) and they both caught / killed/ and sucked out cricket juices from crickets with the same body length (abdomen and prosoma but not counting the leg span) with no problem. So it is safe to say that a small cricket is suitable for a tarantula that is .75" -1". when I say small it means a small cricket not a pinhead so new people don't get it confused.

Now that I look a second time one of these beast caught two and is trying to eat them both at the same time..As anyone ever seen this much food aggression with a .75 - 1" tarantula?

also people are saying how the males are more greenish and the females are blueish - purple. The two I have already have color on them and they both look blueish so hopefully colors effect gender I'll end up having two females. Even though I wouldn't mind mating these two when they get bigger I also would be just as happy with two females as I would a male and the female.{D {D {D {D {D