Decided it didn't want to molt?

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Hardly an update, it's recycling of the same message a few posts ago hahah :D:p:cool::wacky::wacky:
Well you may think I have nothing to worry about but there's gotta be at least one person following this thread who cares ;):p

I just got home from work and the other update was from this morning before I left.

Maybe someone else's sling will do this someday and they'll find this thread and be as nervous of a wreck as I, and they'll appreciate the "updates" to see how much time has lapsed :D

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Still nothing. I'm concerned now - is it possible for a T to get stuck inside an old exo if it hasn't started molting yet? She's flipping back and forth several times a day now, every few hours.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I found an old but similar thread on some other site where a T did this for a full week before molting. It will happen soon I bet.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
She's still flipping around every few hours, still no molt.
That's deffinately odd.. You still running your furnace up there? I'm originally from Mass and I remember times in the winter with the furnace running the air was nose bleed dry..

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
She's still flipping around every few hours, still no molt.
Strange that she keeps doing this. I actually have a question though. Did you rehouse her from the vial they had her in? I want to rehouse my two but not quite sure if I should.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
What are the temps in your T room? A good way to trigger the molt is to boost up the temps a bit... It is a little worrisome at this point. Can you share some pics of your spider and it's setup?

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Strange that she keeps doing this. I actually have a question though. Did you rehouse her from the vial they had her in? I want to rehouse my two but not quite sure if I should.
No, I was planning on rehousing after this molt. She's just so little I didn't want to stress her out.

@14pokies yeah, but I feel like I do a good job compensating for it. The water dishes dry out in about 12 hours, so I'm always on top of it, to the point where it's a little obsessive and pretty time consuming

@Nightstalker47 she's kept at 75 degrees. I've kept her humidity up a little bit more than usual but tonight I'll try bumping up her temp. She's very small and is in a vial.
I'm not home and this is the only photo I have at the moment.

Attachments

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
@Paiige that was my thought too. By far the smallest slings I've had. Hopefully all 3 molt soon though. Especially your little Troll sling :wacky:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
@Nightstalker47 she's kept at 75 degrees. I've kept her humidity up a little bit more than usual but tonight I'll try bumping up her temp. She's very small and is in a vial.
Temps should be fine, maybe try avoiding it altogether and just wait and hope for the best. Not much more you can do... Good Luck!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
No, I was planning on rehousing after this molt. She's just so little I didn't want to stress her out.

@14pokies yeah, but I feel like I do a good job compensating for it. The water dishes dry out in about 12 hours, so I'm always on top of it, to the point where it's a little obsessive and pretty time consuming

If the water dish dries out that quickly I'd add a little extra moisture to the substrate and see if that helps her kick start the molt. While the humidity might not help with molting she might hold off if it's getting too dry.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
If the water dish dries out that quickly I'd add a little extra moisture to the substrate and see if that helps her kick start the molt. While the humidity might not help with molting she might hold off if it's getting too dry.
That's what I've been doing :)
I put her in our storage room, it's usually about 5° warmer back there and doesn't fluctuate. Hopefully that'll do it. It's been a full week of this now and I hate seeing her struggle. She's probably mentally stamping her little T feet and throwing a temper tantrum