Deathstalker (Leiurus quinquestriatus)

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
You might consider a different substrate and hides. They will readily dig some elaborate scrapes if provided a substrate that will permit burrow formation.

Has it sustained an injury on metasoma segment 2?

Leiurus are amazing scorpions, but security in the keeping of them is something too often not considered.

theredsonja83

Arachnopeon
What kind of substrate would you recommend? The store gave me black sand and cork bark. As far as security we just bought it a exo terra terrarium Today and put a lock on the front door of it. Should I also pre kill its cricket because it literally just lets it walk all over him( or her). I noticed at the store one of the legs was awkward, I asked about it and the store girl said it just had it straight, but further looking when I got it home showed it’s missing the end so it’s kind of a dead leg hanging there.

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
Most available out there are wild collected imports. So damage happens in collecting and transit and poor handling and inadequate housing from importer to wholesalers/jobbers and then retail.

I make sand, gravel, clay, organic mixes for them. You could obtain some excavator clay, sand and bonzai jack cactus/succulent soil mix (60 percent excavator mix to 20 percent sand and 20 percent bonzai jack). I break clay pots to utilize as hides.

If you just obtained it and rehoused it...let it settle before you try to feed it. Keep water available for it to drink, but watch that your humidity to keep any injuries from fungal infection.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I agree with GordoOldman's advice! It could be the scorpion has a mycosis issue, to prevent it getting worse just give it a bottle cap of water (doesn't need a large bowl) and best not to spray water in the enclosure. Humidity should be low too, these scorpions like it dry and arid.

theredsonja83

Arachnopeon
Thank you I will take your advice on the enclosure and research mycosis to see if this may be the issue

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Like the other said: These need to be kept dry.
They do well in arid conditions and they love the heat ! (28-36°C)
I place a bottle cap with water for 2 nights every month in the enclosure.
When you spray water in the enclosure, the humidity will become too high and risk your LQ getting mycosis trouble.