Deathstalker humidity

Livy

Arachnopeon
Hey just had a quick question! I’ve seen a lot of various people saying things for this scorps humidity. I live in a very dry area 20-30% humidity on most days, but some people have mentioned that all I would need would be a shallow water dish.(they might live in more humid areas) Is that enough to bring the humidity to where it should be?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I live in California. It’s pretty much dry here too. Forget about humidity, also you can forget about the water dish as well. It’s due to many occasion, scorpions might get drown even in very shallow water. Misting time to time would be better.

2D6CA726-ABE9-4EDB-A2E6-5137FE34CA44.jpeg

Livy

Arachnopeon
I live in California. It’s pretty much dry here too. Forget about humidity, also you can forget about the water dish as well. It’s due to many occasion, scorpions might get drown even in very shallow water. Misting time to time would be better.

View attachment 367064
Dang really! How often is time to time? Weekly, biweekly?

Livy

Arachnopeon
they live in the Sahara desert, literally an least humid place on earth
Lol I didn’t mean the scorpions natural habit, I know they come from the desert. I just wasn’t sure if they needed at least a little bit to survive as most living things do. It’s so hard to find reliable information on inverts.

Livy

Arachnopeon
Lol I didn’t mean the scorpions natural habit, I know they come from the desert. I just wasn’t sure if they needed at least a little bit to survive as most living things do. It’s so hard to find reliable information on inverts.
Thank you though!

Livy

Arachnopeon
I did not water mine during the last 3 years, not even a waterdish.
I feed them extra juicy crickets.
Sounds good! Thanks to everyone that replied, I was planning on setting up the habitat sometime this weekend before I pick her up. Just wanted to make sure I had the correct info. I’ll send pics when it’s done 😉

Livy

Arachnopeon
They don't require water
dang that’s pretty neat, I’ve just heard from a couple of sources that they need 50-60% humidity and I thought that was odd for a desert scorpion so I figured I’d consult y’all!

LucaBrasi3

Arachnopeon
I use a sponge on opposite side of the tank. I wet it 1 time a week. Keeps humidty floating between 40% to 60%.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
What @ignithium meant was since this species are originally living in non-humid area, thus you do not need to worry about humidity as you keeping them in you care.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hey just had a quick question! I’ve seen a lot of various people saying things for this scorps humidity. I live in a very dry area 20-30% humidity on most days, but some people have mentioned that all I would need would be a shallow water dish.(they might live in more humid areas) Is that enough to bring the humidity to where it should be?
Just give it a water bottle cap dish.