Death sentence

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a half inh king baboon, it shed on friday, well most of it, its fangs and about an eighth inch of exo is still on it, is there anything I can do for it or should I just hope for the best, I did mist it to try and help.

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no...
really?
great....
Ill try that....
thanks for all the friggin' advice people!!!!!!:mad:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats tough,
The only thing I can think of, is put it in the frig. to cool it way down to see if you could handle it. If you can, take a sm. paint brush and wet the stuck skin and try to remove it with a tooth pick or something. Knowing you may kill it trying to save it. If the skin is stuck around its mouth, it prob. wont be able to eat or drink, so you'll have to make that call.

I just paid $28.00 for a 1/2" king, so I'm feeling your pain. Let us know how it turns out.

:( Sorry, Ernie

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
sorry...I just saw this....there have been so many posts lately I can't keep up :(
Anyway, you are saying the fangs are stuck? It sounds really small to be trying emergency surgery, but that is your only choice.
I would NOT cool it down, it's too tiny IMO.
Do you have glycerin? If not, you might want to pick some up, and make a solution with water...maybe 75% water 25% glycerin. Use a paintbrush and try to swab the area, it may help more than just plain water.
I don't know, since I haven't had that situation, but I'd try to do something along those lines....sorry to hear it, and keep us updated...

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
first of all stay calm!

There have been many cases of bad moults that spiders "forgot" to take out their new fangs and NOT all of them were lethal.

PROBLEM: If the T has no fangs them she/he will not be able to catch and kill its prey

SOLUTION: You'll have to kill the prey for her!

PROBLEM: She won't be able to penetrate the shell of her prey meaning that she won't be able to suck its liquids.
SOLUTION: Either you'll smash the prey leaving it easier for "sucking" or make a hole in it at the place where your T use to drink from (i.e. if your T were used to drink the prey from its head or its stomach.)

NOT ALWAYS SUCH INCIDENTS ARE LETHAL!
If you love your spider you'll find a way.

Good luck.

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
ats

read the aTs fourm entitled

"T averts death sentence"

that should answer it all.

good luck
looseyfur

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Its still young, so it should survive to its next molt, they molt every month at that age. all mine did anyway.