Death? or is it?

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
So i found my P. metallica suspect male (now i see that it's a female) dead? At least i think she's dead. She was in her cork tube and when i blew on her she wasn't moving. Poke to the leg and still no reaction. I got her out of the tube and into an icu (without the wet sheets. Just a box and put some water on her fangs). She ate a week or so ago. What could have happened? She was kept a bit cold as i have some tarantulas at my neighbours at the moment but idk if that would be that big of a problem (have phasmids living there and they seem just fine).

Might as well post this. Female right?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Ah its such a shame you have lost a nice specimen. I dont think there is much you can do to tell.

What feeders were you using? What size is the specimen? It looks male to me but still wouldnt explain a sudden death.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Yes, unfortunately it sounds like your T has passed away. Sorry to hear.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Ah its such a shame you have lost a nice specimen. I dont think there is much you can do to tell.

What feeders were you using? What size is the specimen? It looks male to me but still wouldnt explain a sudden death.
Crickets, i use them for all of my Ts and they had no trouble
It's around 4" i'd say
So bummed

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
If you arent conpletely sure it is dead then keep a close eye on it. I hope it comes around. The smell usually takes several days to happen.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
If you arent conpletely sure it is dead then keep a close eye on it. I hope it comes around. The smell usually takes several days to happen.
I have it in a dark space with water on its fangs
Had a sling that started smelling after a day

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
I can't see the palps well but if it's a long term mature male that could be a cause of death, but I'd expect it to be skinnier so idk.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That sucks :(
15-18°C is quite cold for longterm and daytime temperatures. But i am not sure that it could cause a sudden death like that...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I hve no idea but i'd say from 15-18 degrees (celsius)
Brought everything home now just in case. It's cramped but what can i do
That is just too cold over the long term, not saying that was the cause in this case.