Death for poor Clutch?

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey guys, just a quick question. My emp isn't looking too hot. He doesn't seem to have much strength lately. He just mopes around; for the longest time he was hanging out in and beside the water dish. Now he just lays around anywhere. When I pick him up he doesn't even have the strength to lift his tail...just drags it around behind him. He will take a cricket and try to eat...but just ends up letting it droop like an old man with Altheizmers (sp?). I don't think it is a climate-based reaction because I have a larger emp that is about twice his size that is just fine and quite active. Could they have had a tuff that ended up in little guy getting sporked? I didn't think emps were too into that, they have been fine as I have had them almost a year. Any suggestions? Any questions that I could answer that might bring a little more pin-point conclusion? Thanks.

In Him,
Marcus

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
One possibility is it may just be old and dying. Most of them in the pet trade are WC adults nearing their life's end. When I had emps that's how they went after a couple of years. Just kind of wound down and stopped one day.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's what I was thinking; that is how my hottentotta just died, but I expected that. This little bugger is only about 3.5". I know emps get to be around 5-7". ::shrug:: dunno. But I agree, its clock does just seem to be winding down.

Thanks,
marcus

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but he also had venom just dripping from his telson as well. Though I only noticed this happen at a single point in time, it hasn't happened continually; at least not in my observation.

In Him,
Ephesians

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, it happened. Poor Clutch died earlier. :confused: :mad: :8o This sucks, man. I don't know if I did anything wrong or if she just up and died. The other Emp is chillin and healthy. Blah. @#)$(%$)@#*$

Marcus

Kaissos5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry man, from the sound of it, it seemed like just her time, although i know how you feel, just lost a young L. Parahybana and kept thinking of what i did wrong. You just need to let go of the feeling that you hurt her.

Sorry for your loss
David