Death Feigning & Ironclad Beetles w/ Giant Desert

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi guys and gals, I've looked this up and found old threads on the topic, however since it's been a few years (around 5) since the posts I found, I'm hoping people will have more knowledge and personal experience on the topic.

I read that death feigning Beetles can be kept as a "clean up crew" with desert scorpions. Is this pertaining to the little desert scorpions or would this work for the Desert Hairy (Hadrurus arizonensis) or Giant Deset Hairy (Hadrurus pallidus) as well? Has anyone kept them together or know of the scorp will ignore the Beetles for whatever reason and co-exist? Same question for the diabolical ironclad beetle. I understand they can co-habitate with the death feigning so hoping they'll get along with the scorp as well.

Finally, any idea on enclosure size to keep a couple to few Beetles in an enclosure with the aforementioned scorp species? Would a 10"x20" work?

Thanks!

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
I’ve seen people keep these beetles with Hadrurus successfully. No personal experience though.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I have heard that the beetles stress the scorpions out as the scorpions cannot escape from the constant activity of the beetles. This is only anecdotal however; I have never heard of deaths to either the beetles or scorpions in these sorts of setups.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have heard that the beetles stress the scorpions out as the scorpions cannot escape from the constant activity of the beetles. This is only anecdotal however; I have never heard of deaths to either the beetles or scorpions in these sorts of setups.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Thanks for the reply. Stressing out would result in going off food, being super edgy, or ultimately the animal dies from stress?