Death curl?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Doesnt look like death curl.

If substrate is damp, replace with dry sub and provide fresh water dish.

G. pulchripes like it dry.

The adbomen doesn't look very plump so it may be dehydrated and would benefit from fresh water.

Give that a try and see if anything changes.

How long have you had this T?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Yea looks stresses out man.. Make sure the sub is dry and if you have a heating pad or light remove it..

Give her a water dish and hide also if she doesn't already have one..

Tar

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the replys, she's also been refusing food.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
In that case, make all the changes others mentioned as soon as possible. She looks really stressed out. Dry substrate, waterdish and a hide. Does she move?

louise f

Arachnoangel
This does not look good at all. Not a death curl. But As others said give it some dry sub, a water dish and a good hide.
A big piece of cork bark would do.
Please do this for that poor T. It is not comfy at all, clearly to see. Can we please see a pic of the whole enclosure. I have a bad feeling that it dont got enough substrate in there.

Tar

Arachnosquire
In that case, make all the changes others mentioned as soon as possible. She looks really stressed out. Dry substrate, waterdish and a hide. Does she move?
Sometimes, but same location

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
For the record:
A death curl is unmistakable once you've seen it. The knees would be curled over the carapace (the "head") and the toes would be curled under the carapace. The knees don't go over the carapace every time, but the toes curling under is a sure sign that the spider is in trouble. Most of the time, it's not just a few legs that do this. It's usually all legs.

Veribug

Arachnosquire
So really really dry sub and water dish ?
Yes. Try to make it as dry as possible. If you've only got damp or wet substrate to hand, you either need to find a way to dry it (baking in the oven works, but I've personally found it to be a bit of an arduous process to get it really dry for a full enclosure) or pick up some dry stuff from somewhere. I think the Eco Earth coco fibre loose stuff could work in a pinch (I think that may be what I used for my B smithi and she seems to be perfectly comfortable) but if anyone can jump in with any more advice that'd be useful.

Tar

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately she IS in a death curl she flinched her leg and when I try to move her she just fell on her back I put some water in her mouth for now what should I do next ????????pls

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Keep giving drops of water to the mouthparts every now and then. Be gentle and keep her in a dark place so its less stressfull. Have you put it in a new enclosure?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Here it is now
Dont add any more water/moisture to the enclosure.

I would leave her be now as it seems she is trying to moult.

The abdomen looks less shrivelled in this photo. Just leave her in a dark place with plenty ventelation from that dreaded ICU.

Veribug

Arachnosquire
Dont add any more water/moisture to the enclosure.

I would leave her be now as it seems she is trying to moult.

The abdomen looks less shrivelled in this photo. Just leave her in a dark place with plenty ventelation from that dreaded ICU.
I would second this, an arid species will not enjoy a super soggy ICU like the one pictures. At least swap the paper towels for dry and continue to administer water droplets, or put her back into her enclosure with dry substrate and a water dish.

Or if anyone has more sensible advice please chime in.