Death curl or moulting?

Penney47

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I'm new to the hobby. Do u recon my OBT is in moult or dead. Any info I would be grateful. I rescued it from this lad. Had not eaten in 6 months and was in a tiny pot. Its now in a much bigger tub and has started eating. It webbed the tub up in the last week and then Just got back from work to find it like this 😭. Any info I would be most grateful.

Attachments

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
looks like a dead mature male at a glance.

also i think they're meant to be kept dry

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Thank you for your reply. Its on spider life substrate. Thats how it comes. All my ts have it in there tarariums and tubs. Is this wrong?
substrate doesnt really matter, it just looked dark so i assumed it was wet.

The moisture level of the substrate does matter for most species.

Table

Arachnosquire
I'm assuming its unresponsive? and it looks like a MM can you concur?

Penney47

Arachnopeon
Yes un responsive. I dident want to mess about with It just in case was in a moult.
I dont understand the last bit sorry.

Emi248

Arachnoknight
Sorry for your loss, Is that wet substrate? for an OBT?

Penney47

Arachnopeon
It's not wet. It's dark substrate. It's how spider life comes in the bag. Then I put in tub or tararium to dry for a week before I put spider in.

Table

Arachnosquire
Ts normally molt upsidedown, but can on vacation do it upright.

Did you know he was a mature male? They don't live too long after they mature.

As a biginer an OBT wasn't a great choice to be completely frank.

Penney47

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm not shore of it's age. I literally took it of the kiddy when offerd it to me for nothing. He only had it for about a year, well that's what he said. It was in a small takeaway tub. So I thought I would try help it but by the look of it i have done the opposite.

Emi248

Arachnoknight
Nah don't worry, the T could've been older than that kiddo told you (I hope its not your first T by the way), so the theory of Table is factible

Table

Arachnosquire
There is a very good chance that you did nothing wronge, like I said MM don't live long. They often times will just get weak and die after hooking out. If you would like to remain in the hobby, I promise its quite rewarding.

If you wanted to get a new T, might I suggest a bigginer friendly one?

Penney47

Arachnopeon
No its not my 1st. I have 12 others atm.
I'm ust to my monitor lizards but decided to get a tarantula as well but not the collection is growing. I started spider keeping about 6 months ago. So I will no doubt be on hear a bit. I dont want to be slated on hear. Like I said im new to ts and am looking for info and help.
So I'm hoping this is a good community. 🙂

There is a very good chance that you did nothing wronge, like I said MM don't live long. They often times will just get weak and die after hooking out. If you would like to remain in the hobby, I promise its quite rewarding.

If you wanted to get a new T, might I suggest a bigginer friendly one?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Table

Arachnosquire
There's alot of good info in this post

If I was suggesting, I really like both the Grammastola, and Brachypelma genus as beginner Ts. You can't go wrong with a GBB thow.

Emi248

Arachnoknight
GBBS Quite skittish, or at least my friends one, Brachypelmas are the best for beginners IMO