Dear Europe. Where are all the Avicularia Juruensis?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
So I have been looking an Avicularia juruensis for so long now.

What happened to them in Europe? I have searched far and wide for slings and searched through online classifieds in foreign languages until my eyes turn red. :hurting:

I am pulling my hair out trying to find this sp. then @Austin S. posts a pic of a stunning female on his instagram earlier and I exploded in envy :yuck:

I am wondering if any European keepers/breeders can tell me if I'm missing something? maybe point me in the right direction to acquire one?

I remember seeing a good few advertised a few years ago before I returned to keeping arboreal species. Now when I look there is nothing.

Who is breeding these yellow striped beauties??

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I guess I'll show them again, lol.
0.1 Avicularia juruensis

Sorry, but I cannot help over there :(

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Juvenile

FB_IMG_1461395519476.jpg

FB_IMG_1461399592260.jpg

FB_IMG_1461395499880.jpg

I still need to get my AF out for a photo session. Thanks for inspiring me. :)

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Beautiful tarantulas!

How does Avicularia juruensis rate with other Avic's on care? Is it similar on environment?

What Avic is most similar with regard to skittish comparison?

cold blood

Staff member
I believe @MrBoom619 was either breeding them, or planning on breeding them in the near future.

@CEC , have you or your brother bred them? Its also a species I'd like to get my greasy hands on.:bored:

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
I believe @MrBoom619 was either breeding them, or planning on breeding them in the near future.

@CEC , have you or your brother bred them? Its also a species I'd like to get my greasy hands on.:bored:
I have been in line for Roy's (Mr.boom619) male for what feels like forever now. I haven't heard of any attempts yet...

Yes, I tried back in 2014, she molted out unfortunately, havn't found a MM since.
image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

I was told by him that he doesn't have any MM's...
Hope he or someone gets them bred in the near future.
I sold mine sadly, however under one condition, that if I find a MM, the buyer ships her back to me for breeding. He agreed.

I have found a 5.5" pen male that's last molt was 3/21/16. Hopefully he matures soon!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
SHE HAS ARRIVED AND SHE IS BEAUTIFUL :bucktooth::bucktooth::bucktooth::bucktooth::bucktooth:

I want to share photo but the card reader has decided to break :(

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SHE HAS ARRIVED AND SHE IS BEAUTIFUL :bucktooth::bucktooth::bucktooth::bucktooth::bucktooth:

I want to share photo but the card reader has decided to break :(
Figured out how to post the pictures yet? I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to see her bro.
At least Instagram it!!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Figured out how to post the pictures yet? I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to see her bro.
At least Instagram it!!

Oh I will. My friend is bringing their card reader over for me later :D

It is very nice. I will post here and my IG for sure

I wont lie. I am slightly jealous of the colour difference from yours even though not much between them. I hope with age and size she gets more of the tan :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Ok so I finally manage to get my photos sorted.

Here are a few snaps as promised :)...

final.jpg final.jpg final.jpg

I still dont think the photos bring the right color with avic when Avis is subject. I will try to get more in some daylight. She has a little more golden hairs. She is just short of 5 inches in size.

I am pleased to be keeping Avics again. A lot of credit is due to @viper69 for bringing back my interest, and you too @Austin S. for making me shout from roof until I could find this species ajajaj :p

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Beautiful T! Just when I think I have all the Avic's that I might want suddenly another one appears.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Beautiful T! Just when I think I have all the Avic's that I might want suddenly another one appears.
I know what you mean aha I have a wishlist of 5. I have 4 and no doubt will see another 25 that will end up on the wishlist :rofl:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

View attachment 225466 View attachment 225467 View attachment 225468

I still dont think the photos bring the right color with avic when Avis is subject. I will try to get more in some daylight. She has a little more golden hairs. She is just short of 5 inches in size.

I am pleased to be keeping Avics again. A lot of credit is due to @viper69 for bringing back my interest, and you too @Austin S. for making me shout from roof until I could find this species ajajaj :p
Nice pics! Glad I could be of service ;)

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter

View attachment 225466 View attachment 225467 View attachment 225468

I know pictures can be deceiving but if I had to guess species based off of those pics, juruensis wouldn't be my first guess.

Please provide another picture here after she molts. Hate to be that guy...

After raising multiple juruensis and aurantiaca, I'd guess the latter. Notice the difference in setae on the legs and more importantly, the abdomen of Austin's and mine; see how ours are half covered with tan/brownish short stubby hair? The very defined tan, half moon shaped stuble in front? and the back half is black colored setae? Reminds me of the abdominal setae of a A. sp. metallica. Yours has Pinkish long shaggy hair, not to mention, the more vibriant blueish green reflective under tone that are traits of something in the urticans complex. Reminds me most of my aurantiaca, they have been mixed up for years and could even be a hybrid. Their thick yellow banding and overall tan/brown color causes confusion between the two. The setae is the main difference one can see in pictures.

Just my 2 cents based on those few pics, I could be wrong thus why I'd like to see her freshly molted without a bald spot.

Here's my juruensis AF 6"

image (4).jpg

image (5).jpg

image (6).jpg

My old juruensis male is on this thread when he was about 4":
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/advans-pic-thread.194394/page-52

Avicularia aurantiaca:
http://www.andys-vogelspinnen.page4.com/46.html

Avicularia aurantiaca
&
Avicularia juruensis ::
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/foru...oi-azuraklaasi.html#/topics/1083345?_k=s2tgay