Dear Europe. Where are all the Avicularia Juruensis?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I know pictures can be deceiving but if I had to guess species based off of those pics, juruensis wouldn't be my first guess.

Please provide another picture here after she molts. Hate to be that guy...

After raising multiple juruensis and aurantiaca, I'd guess the latter. Notice the difference in setae on the legs and more importantly, the abdomen of Austin's and mine; see how ours are half covered with tan/brownish short stubby hair? The very defined tan, half moon shaped stuble in front? and the back half is black colored setae? Reminds me of the abdominal setae of a A. sp. metallica. Yours has Pinkish long shaggy hair, not to mention, the more vibriant blueish green reflective under tone that are traits of something in the urticans complex. Reminds me most of my aurantiaca, they have been mixed up for years and could even be a hybrid. Their thick yellow banding and overall tan/brown color causes confusion between the two. The setae is the main difference one can see in pictures.

Just my 2 cents based on those few pics, I could be wrong thus why I'd like to see her freshly molted without a bald spot.

Here's my juruensis AF 6"

View attachment 225567

View attachment 225568

View attachment 225569

My old juruensis male is on this thread when he was about 4":
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/advans-pic-thread.194394/page-52

Avicularia aurantiaca:
http://www.andys-vogelspinnen.page4.com/46.html

Avicularia aurantiaca
&
Avicularia juruensis ::
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/foru...oi-azuraklaasi.html#/topics/1083345?_k=s2tgay
I dont know much but I was pretty sure was different sp from @Austin S. and now yourself too..

Don't worry being about that guy heheheh all info is good info! I had a feeling it was the common name Orange banded instead? Is this aurantiaca? The lack of black setae is the most noticeable difference next to the lack of gold/ Tan

I have an old exuviae. Seller was unsure how old the molt is as the T wasnt in his care. But I kept the remains of that.
I thought maybe the blue hue was as it had molted recently and it is not that large. I was understanding maybe it will lose blue hue over some years? but the setae on abdomen was red flag when I wought it.

It was sold as juruensis tho. You think I have been stung?

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
I dont know much but I was pretty sure was different sp from @Austin S. and now yourself too..

Don't worry being about that guy heheheh all info is good info! I had a feeling it was the common name Orange banded instead? Is this aurantiaca? The lack of black setae is the most noticeable difference next to the lack of gold/ Tan

I have an old exuviae. Seller was unsure how old the molt is as the T wasnt in his care. But I kept the remains of that.
I thought maybe the blue hue was as it had molted recently and it is not that large. I was understanding maybe it will lose blue hue over some years? but the setae on abdomen was red flag when I wought it.

It was sold as juruensis tho. You think I have been stung?

At least over here, they have both been sold under the name yellow banded pink toe. Another reason common names suck.

There's a decent chance it's not juruensis. At least not the Hobby juruensis I know...

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
@CEC

Got some snaps of her out and about today. I am thinking aurantiaca because of abdomen. What are your thoughts?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I have foud some juruensis slings for sale. Are they slow growers?

Thank you in advance

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
I am thinking aurantiaca

Are they slow growers?
I'm thinking the same thing. Looks more like aurantiaca than it does juruensis.

No, juruensis grow fast if kept warm and well fed.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I'm thinking the same thing. Looks more like aurantiaca than it does juruensis.

No, juruensis grow fast if kept warm and well fed.
Thanks. I think I will be grabbing a couple then :D