Dealing with spider Death

Royalty

Arachnoknight
"Oscar" my bold jumper (turned out to be female) died shortly after laying an unfertilized Eggsac. It was a few good weeks after but it still felt so short. She was kind of my favourite, how she would look right at me. When I had her next to the tarantulas I would see her look at them too.

I knew it was coming soon and then did not see her for a couple days and went to look and found her dead.

I am still kind of sad. I wanted to find her a mate but I never found another bold jumper.

Marlana

Arachnoknight
I’m so sorry for your loss! It’s never easy losing a pet. I find it especially hard with my jumping spiders. I seem to connect with them on a different level than my other arachnids. They are special ❤

basin79

ArachnoGod
"Oscar" my bold jumper (turned out to be female) died shortly after laying an unfertilized Eggsac. It was a few good weeks after but it still felt so short. She was kind of my favourite, how she would look right at me. When I had her next to the tarantulas I would see her look at them too.

I knew it was coming soon and then did not see her for a couple days and went to look and found her dead.

I am still kind of sad. I wanted to find her a mate but I never found another bold jumper.
It's absolutely normal to feel sad after a loved pet dies. Like Marlana typed because jumpers interact with you their death does seem to cut deeper. Mantids are the same.

But any pet loss is a gut punch.