Dealers and suppliers

Gjtaylor

Arachnopeon
hi, I live in South Wales, U.K. And am looking for some good suppliers of T's. Anybody recommend any dealers who sell at fair prices. Or local exotic shops? Cheers

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hi, I live in South Wales, U.K. And am looking for some good suppliers of T's. Anybody recommend any dealers who sell at fair prices. Or local exotic shops? Cheers
Tarantulas bristol the spidershop (in Wales) Virginiacheeseman and exotic pets are the 4 I use more than any other

louise f

Arachnoangel
I can recommend you to look here on the boards, there are many thrust worthy and great people selling spiders:)

I have heard of Virginia Cheeseman from a friend here in DK, and board member @KezyGLA. She should be a great seller, both of them said. ;)
I am considering buying from her my self.

Alana

Arachnopeon
The Spider Shop, Virginia Cheeseman and Exotic Pets are the ones I've used so far and been happy with. Tarantulas Bristol has some interesting feedback on their Facebook page, I personally won't order from them.

Gjtaylor

Arachnopeon
I can recommend you to look here on the boards, there are many thrust worthy and great people selling spiders:)

I have heard of Virginia Cheeseman from a friend here in DK, and board member @KezyGLA. She should be a great seller, both of them said. ;)
Thanks, I have some local shops but rather buy from someone who deals in T's

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

I highly recommend Virginiacheeseman my 1st tarantula this time around came from her. The majority of her stock is captive bred so it's sometimes a little more expensive but worth it

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The Spider Shop, Virginia Cheeseman and Exotic Pets are the ones I've used so far and been happy with. Tarantulas Bristol has some interesting feedback on their Facebook page, I personally won't order from them.
Tarantulas Bristol is riding on their reputation from the past. I have received wrong orders left right and centre. They seem to be in the habit of taking peoples money for Ts they dont have then say they will give you such and such instead. They try to par off Ts they want rid off as they cant be bothered caring for them. The last order I got was atrocious and the last time I will ever get anything from them. I placed an order got half my Ts. 2 of which were mutated. One with 7 legs and no palps. When i responded by email I was shot down and threatened. It took me more than 2 weeks to get my refund. There are many more dealers in UK that are trustworthy. TSS, Portsmouth Tarantulas, Martin Goss, Virginia Cheeseman and others. I sell Ts myself, I post throughout UK and never had any issue. I have a review thread here somewhere, i dont have the link handy. If you need some Ts hit me a pm. I may have what you need although if I dont then could probably point you in the right direction.

The main point is dont go to Tarantulas Bristol. Its your funeral ;)

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Mod Note: It's against site rules to specifically name individual sellers or businesses in threads. I invite you to search the "Reviews and Reports" section for user reviews. There is a section for reviews of businesses and pet stores as well. One of you can make a review item for Tarantulas Bristol and then other users can use that to leave feedback of their own. It will be more accessible in the future for others. The point of the Reviews section is so that the information is in one cohesive place facilitating a more educated decision about purchasing or not from them. :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Mod Note: It's against site rules to specifically name individual sellers or businesses in threads. I invite you to search the "Reviews and Reports" section for user reviews. There is a section for reviews of businesses and pet stores as well. One of you can make a review item for Tarantulas Bristol and then other users can use that to leave feedback of their own. It will be more accessible in the future for others. The point of the Reviews section is so that the information is in one cohesive place facilitating a more educated decision about purchasing or not from them. :)
Please delete as seen necessary.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
nah, no reason to delete completely unless it devolves into an argument. ;) I would like to add though, for a review thread of an online business such as Tarantula Bristol, please stick to personal experience with them. Deals that you, the reviewer, have had with them. Please don't use hearsay or second hand accounts. ;)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
nah, no reason to delete completely unless it devolves into an argument. ;) I would like to add though, for a review thread of an online business such as Tarantula Bristol, please stick to personal experience with them. Deals that you, the reviewer, have had with them. Please don't use hearsay or second hand accounts. ;)
I completely understand. If this isnt allowed please remove.

As its a UK dealer I would advise potential buyers(UK) to check out FB reviews as there are not a lot of UK members here. Hence no up to date reviews.

I am not being snide. Just trying to inform.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I completely understand. If this isnt allowed please remove.

As its a UK dealer I would advise potential buyers(UK) to check out FB reviews as there are not a lot of UK members here. Hence no up to date reviews.

I am not being snide. Just trying to inform.
I understand. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@ratluvr76 The purple font is great for attention getting. The light grey font for the body text made it slightly difficult to read, just an FYI if you weren't sure? I'm using the scrubland theme ;)

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
@ratluvr76 The purple font is great for attention getting. The light grey font for the body text made it slightly difficult to read, just an FYI if you weren't sure? I'm using the scrubland theme ;)
hah.. no offence taken. I was trying to match the normal font color... Guess it didn't go as planned. next time I'll try a different shade

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hah.. no offence taken. I was trying to match the normal font color... Guess it didn't go as planned. next time I'll try a different shade
HAH, man I tried to do that once too, and got the same results as you. I thought my matching was quite good too till I read the text :wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

AntJ

Arachnopeon
Sounds like you've been lucky (or maybe I've been unlucky) but I found the Spider Shop useless. No communication, no caresheet (in spite of request), sickly animals...

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I've had more issues in 2 orders from The Spider Shop than I have in 7 orders from Tarantulas Bristol, most of the people I see slating them on FB are (surprise surprise) other sellers.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Buying dry goods/livefood? Or livestock?
I've had more issues in 2 orders from The Spider Shop than I have in 7 orders from Tarantulas Bristol, most of the people I see slating them on FB are (surprise surprise) other sellers.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
12 Tarantulas, plus livefood and equipment from Tarantulas Bristol over the last 8 months, no issues whatsoever.

I've had less issues ordering from Poland than TSS.