Deadly tarantula girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
And honestly, you can't blame people getting tired of female 'sexy' YouTubers pushing their breasts coincidentally into every shot either.
It's cheap and pathetic in my opinion.
I have no problem seeing beyond her cleavage, so you might want to ask yourself if the problem is with YOU and the other prepubescent crowd who still act like it's the first time they've locked themselves in the bathroom with their parents National Geographic magazine. Personally, this attack on her breasts, and the subsequent judging her IQ score by her cup size, is what I find really tired, cheap, and pathetic. I know that the theory of evolution alludes some people, but surely you understand that these comments are a reflection on your lack of character and not hers, right?

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I hadn't watched any of her videos, but I did send her two males on a breeding "loan" at the suggestion of a forum member who knows her in person. This isn't the review section, so I won't say more.

Subsequent to my breeding "loan," I watched some of her videos and found her husbandry to be sub-par, coupled with an unteachable temperament. That alone would have warned me off sending my boys. People would comment asking why she does x or suggesting she do y, and her response would be something like, "I'm a professional, when you have as many tarantulas as I do you have to do things differently, I know more than you, it works fine for me..." and then her fanboys attack the original commenter. I'm not impressed.

@VanessaS, her cleavage is telling you something. Having big tits isn't a choice. Using them in a certain way is. Do you know my cup size? No? Maybe that's because I don't rely on it to get views and attention. The fact that we all know more about her measurements than her tarantulas says something. If she wants to exploit the benefits of having a generous bosom, she has to be prepared for the backlash. If she wore a different shirt or framed her videos so that they're more than tits and false eyelashes, people would judge her by something other than her body. She made the choice to be evaluated by her body when she chose to make it the subject of the videos rather than the spiders.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I've known her personally for years. Heck, I've watched her animals for her.

It won't matter if I say a million good things about her, the "We know better" crowd is about as likely to change their minds as people are to change political parties based on what they read on an Internet forum.
I was waiting for you to show up on this thread ;)...

I think it's funny that people are hating on a hobbyist that has reproduced what around a hundred species over 20 years? It would be interesting to know( with proof of course)how many species they have bred and how many sacs they produced :mooning:....

I wonder if any of these haters realise that some of the top keepers in the hobby not only like Marita but also send her alot of there MM males because of her breeding success...

I have bought a few T's from her slings and adults and they all thrived.. Her knowledge is damn near second to none and she was very pleasant to do business with...

If they actually watched her videos or spoke to her they would probably realise that she is light years above them in her knowledge and care of Theraphosids but because she does it a little different they turn there noses up at her...

I really wish she would drop in on this thread and school these fools ;)...

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@VanessaS, her cleavage is telling you something. Having big tits isn't a choice. Using them in a certain way is. Do you know my cup size? No? Maybe that's because I don't rely on it to get views and attention. The fact that we all know more about her measurements than her tarantulas says something. If she wants to exploit the benefits of having a generous bosom, she has to be prepared for the backlash. If she wore a different shirt or framed her videos so that they're more than tits and false eyelashes, people would judge her by something other than her body. She made the choice to be evaluated by her body when she chose to make it the subject of the videos rather than the spiders.

;-)

Jeff23

Arachnolord
What are the best YouTube channels
THAT did it for you? Don't watch any of my videos then. Or any tarantula videos, maybe, cause you know... we don't put these things on a leash :rofl:
The purpose of the video should NEVER be to create a video if the situation is a hazardous one. A video should be done to copy proper care for tarantula(s) for learning purposes. I do ALL of my rehousing's near the floor. The worse case scenario is a very small drop to the floor. If it isn't near the floor preparations should be done to do some type of effort to prevent a fall. I haven't done any breeding so I could be naive on that area.

It is VERY clear on her videos that she is not paying attention to the process she is trying to complete. She is just trying to be a YouTube star. The video is quite often pointed at her instead of the tarantula and she is quite often looking at the camera.

Here is the video I referenced - Note that she says after the escape "Notice that I am no longer sitting"

How often do we see Tom Moran in his videos?
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bigpappawap

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod

I think it's funny that people are hating on a hobbyist that has reproduced what around a hundred species over 20 years? It would be interesting to know( with proof of course)how many species they have bred and how many sacs they produced :mooning:....

I wonder if any of these haters realise that some of the top keepers in the hobby not only like Marita but also send her alot of there MM males because of her breeding success...

I have bought a few T's from her slings and adults and they all thrived.. Her knowledge is damn near second to none and she was very pleasant to do business with...

If they actually watched her videos or spoke to her they would probably realise that she is light years above them in her knowledge and care of Theraphosids but because she does it a little different they turn there noses up at her...

I understand what you are saying, man. And I have no reasons for doubts about your words, except for knowledge. Especially if someone is a breeder (skilled or not, I don't know her well like you, so I wouldn't talk about) simply IMO you can't house what is probably the most hardcore obligate burrower, a P.muticus, into 10 cm of substrate.

That's... wrong. It's not a little different, but wrong.

Last edited:

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
I have no problem seeing beyond her cleavage, so you might want to ask yourself if the problem is with YOU and the other prepubescent crowd who still act like it's the first time they've locked themselves in the bathroom with their parents National Geographic magazine. Personally, this attack on her breasts, and the subsequent judging her IQ score by her cup size, is what I find really tired, cheap, and pathetic. I know that the theory of evolution alludes some people, but surely you understand that these comments are a reflection on your lack of character and not hers, right?
There's no hiding it when you carry that kind of cleavage around, but she does leverage them for effect. Her affect is probably intentionally on the sexy side & her videos a little click-baity with her "top pick-a-number adjective tarantulas." I think it's kind of amusing, her leaning in to better display her goods followed by a breathy, "Mmmm, check out this big boy." Look deep into the camera, bat the eyes, cue pouty lips.

The video is quite often pointed at her instead of the tarantula and she is quite often looking at the camera.
There's nothing wrong with being in the frame & I actually prefer it because it's more personal, enjoyable & instructive, e.g. TheDarkDen's channel. That said, she does have a hard time sharing the limelight with the spiders.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Perpetuate rape culture much?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor

ive just never seen people keep OBs on 3" of substrate. i pretty much stopped watching after that.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Perpetuate rape culture much?
Draw false equivalences much?

I'm judging her based on her behavior. That's how someone ought to be judged. I'm not suggesting she be assaulted or acting as an apologist for rapists. Don't conflate two completely different things. You're doing a disservice to rape victims.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
There's no hiding it when you carry that kind of cleavage around, but she does leverage them for effect. Her affect is probably intentionally on the sexy side & her videos a little click-baity with her "top pick-a-number adjective tarantulas." I think it's kind of amusing, her leaning in to better display her goods followed by a breathy, "Mmmm, check out this big boy." Look deep into the camera, bat the eyes, cue pouty lips.

There's nothing wrong with being in the frame & I actually prefer it because it's more personal, enjoyable & instructive, e.g. TheDarkDen's channel. That said, she does have a hard time sharing the limelight with the spiders.
I am not meaning to say there is anything wrong with someone being in the frame. And for me it isn't about whether she is her flaunting her body. It is about attention to the subject of the video - the tarantula.

I think I could have prevented that escape from occurring even with 20+ years less experience. Why would I breed tarantulas in open tubs that are that shallow with no outer container that at least has a partial lid of some type.

Nokturnal1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hadn't watched any of her videos, but I did send her two males on a breeding "loan" at the suggestion of a forum member who knows her in person. This isn't the review section, so I won't say more.

Subsequent to my breeding "loan," I watched some of her videos and found her husbandry to be sub-par, coupled with an unteachable temperament. That alone would have warned me off sending my boys. People would comment asking why she does x or suggesting she do y, and her response would be something like, "I'm a professional, when you have as many tarantulas as I do you have to do things differently, I know more than you, it works fine for me..." and then her fanboys attack the original commenter. I'm not impressed.

This truly was the win for me on this thread. It hit all my issues and made several fair points. Thanks!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I understand what you are saying, man. And I have no reasons for doubts about your words, except for knowledge. Especially if someone is a (skilled or not, I don't know her well like you) breeder... simply IMO you can't house what is probably the most hardcore obligate burrower, a P.muticus, into 10 cm of substrate.

That's... wrong.
I don't necessarily agree or disagree with that.. Take my baboons for example... I have one P. muticus that closes her self off and refuses live prey left on the surface.. When I open her burrow and toss a cricket in she eats no problem..

I have another that has made a deep burrow but leaves her entrance open and eats like a champ..

The first one mentioned will continue to be housed on just enough substrate to cover her by about 2 inches untill she stops sealing herself off so that I can keep her eating.

I have 3 H. Crassipes that one of which stayed burrowed untill she came out to die for whatever strange reason.. Since housing her in a small enclosure with less than an inch of substrate she is eating and drinking regularly...

The other two are thriving in there deep dark burrows.. I will be housing them different very soon now that the male has matured.. I feel it will be much easier to introduce the pair multiple times (if necessary) and monitor the female if they are in containers that only have 5-6 inches of substrate instead of close to a foot..

There's alot of different ways and reasons why people keep there Ts the way they do.. As long as the Ts are doing good long term they are being housed and cared for correctly.. Just because we don't universally agree with the method of housing or care doesn't make it wrong.

Her Ts all look and behave like they are healthy and many breed for her.. So yes much of what she does is different but it works and that's what matters.

Jeff23

Arachnolord

So you advocate that little amount of substrate in the containers? I am not trying to be hateful. I just want to know why I am buying these giant bags of Zoo Med. I am wondering why people get SLAMMED in this forum for not protecting the T from falls but yet it is okay for the expert to NOT prevent them from falls.

I would also love for her to visit. This isn't about schooling any FOOLS. This is about discussion of what is right or wrong. We can't have this both ways. Lets get to the facts rather than the attacks. I don't mind being wrong as long as I can learn something.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
So you advocate that little amount of substrate in the containers? I am not trying to be hateful. I just want to know why I am buying these giant bags of Zoo Med. I am wondering why people get SLAMMED in this forum for not protecting the T from falls but yet it is okay for the expert to NOT prevent them from falls.

I would also love for her to visit. This isn't about schooling any FOOLS. This is about discussion of what is right or wrong. We can't have this both ways. Lets get to the facts rather than the attacks. I don't mind being wrong as long as I can learn something.
Read the post Just above the one you posted.. Lol..

As far as what I said about school these fools.. Sorry you didn't get my attempt at humor.. I can't make everyone laugh all the time I guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.