Deadly Instars?

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wondering if instars of hot species such as Androctonus, Buthus, Hottentotta, or Leiurus, are still dangerous to humans, or are they to small to envenomate enough toxin? I know that venomous snakes are deadly once they hatch, but is it the same for scorps? Thanks ~ Rex

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
do you mean early instars? Then yes if they can actually penatrate your skin. I used to handle my 2I Lq because my skin was to thick for them to penatrate anyways.

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They all carry and inject venom regardless of age, so be careful!!!

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In some species, as in example A.australis the venom is more concentrated in instars. This has to do with the ability of immobilizing prey. I heard (hear say) of one (severe) case of scorpionism in Northern Africa. A grown up man was stung by an early instar A.australis, this man was highly allergic and stayed in a comateuse condition for three weeks.
But maybe this is not a good example because it is hear-say and the man in the example was highly allergic.
Better safe then sorry is my idea.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
do you mean early instars? Then yes if they can actually penatrate your skin. I used to handle my 2I Lq because my skin was to thick for them to penatrate anyways.
You're lucky bro that the little guy didn't try to sting you. There's a sting report on 2nd instar L.q (I think)

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've gotten stung so No i'm not lucky but i have really thick skin on my hands so a 2I can't really penetrate no matter how hard he tried.

Hasek

Arachnopeon
If you want to handle pets, then buy a hamster :rolleyes: Scorps should be labeled as look but don't touch pets. I see that there is a lot of people with a deathwish on this forum :?

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you want to handle pets, then buy a hamster Scorps should be labeled as look but don't touch pets. I see that there is a lot of people with a deathwish on this forum
Just to clarify, I wasn't asking so I could handle any scorps. I was just wondering about the venom capabilities of an instar compared to an adult of medically significant speices. ~ Rex

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you want to handle pets, then buy a hamster :rolleyes: Scorps should be labeled as look but don't touch pets. I see that there is a lot of people with a deathwish on this forum :?
I knew i would get that. I did handle them up to 2i only about once each to move them into a bigger container,. LIke i said i have thick skin on my hands and if they did sting me they wouldn't be able to penetrate. The time i did get stung I knew I wasn't going to die. I'm to big plus I'm a healthy adult a L.q is not gonna kill me. But reguardless I'm still very careful with them. The reason it i got stung is that I had one of them playing possum and then revived when i removed it from the tank on my hand. When i set it back down i was to preoccupied in having it off me i placed it near another lq that tagged me.

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
getting stung does hurt like crazy (from what i have read and heard) but the chances of you dying from it are like super low.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Actually now that i remember i had a hamster when i was 5 and the damn little bugger bit me everytime i tried to hold him. That hamster made me suffer more than any of my scorps ever have. My mom told me he ran away. It wasn't true. :(

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Actually now that i remember i had a hamster when i was 5 and the damn little bugger bit me everytime i tried to hold him. That hamster made me suffer more than any of my scorps ever have. My mom told me he ran away. It wasn't true. :(
damn that sucks i had a similar story but it was a dog instead. for about 6 years i thought he ran away, but then my dad broke it to me that she left the gate open for him and he wandered off:mad: i didnt talk to my mom for like 2 days until i got over it.