Dead?

ctsoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do not touch her, blow on her, or do ANYTHING to disturb her. It looks to me as if she is getting ready to molt. Do not bother her.

abarth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do not touch her, blow on her, or do ANYTHING to disturb her. It looks to me as if she is getting ready to molt. Do not bother her.

I know, and now I'm even more worried, I just kind of paniced when I saw her lying there. Thought she was dead since she has that white stuff under her mouth.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ditto what was said above. If you disturb her when she is like that, you might kill her. She appears to be molting and needs to be left alone until she is done. Perhaps you ought to do a little more research so you know what to expect in the future and you don't end up inadvertantly hurting her.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes i think so to i never seen one DYING like that ? do nothing looks like a molt to me ---- phil

abarth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okei, how long will a molt usually take?

Just thought the worst since I discovered that white thing round her mouth couple of days ago.

I will wait and see, and keep beating myself up for disturbing her.
If it's a molt it will be my first one.

EDIT: the guy who sold her said she molted for about six months ago.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yes i think so to i never seen one DYING like that ? do nothing looks like a molt to me ---- phil
Yes, they can die like this. Not a very common thing, but it happens.

Maybe it's the camera angle - is there a molting mat underneath? I'd keep an eye on it and see if you notice the carapace pop.

What does the "white stuff" look like? Is it visibly moving? Has the spider been acting abnormally up until this point?

Good luck,
Becca

abarth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes, they can die like this. Not a very common thing, but it happens.

Maybe it's the camera angle - is there a molting mat underneath? I'd keep an eye on it and see if you notice the carapace pop.

What does the "white stuff" look like? Is it visibly moving? Has the spider been acting abnormally up until this point?

Good luck,
Becca
No, that's the funny thing, the soil is completely dry where she's lying and there's been no webbing whatsoever.

The white stuff is not moving, and appears to be dry. She's not been restless or constantly sitting at the waterdish, and she used her palps when moving around yesterday.
I picked her up just two weeks ago, so I can't really say if her behavior has been abnormal, but she has not shown ANY signs of aggression. That's maybe a bit strange?

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they take their own sweet time lol and the first ones allways stressful for the keeper lol ---- phil ;) :rolleyes:

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you just got it 2 weeks ago and put in into a new enclosure then it might not have taken the initiative to make a molting mat. I would just give it a day or so to see what happens. There's nothing you can really do anyway. Good luck! I hope everything turns out well for you and the t.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Found her like this today. Her legs twitches if I blow at her but that's all
looks like u sprayed water after u discover it like this?
better to leave alone at this point
it doez look like molting
do not touch, dont blow, dont spray watter
u will do more bad then good

abarth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
looks like u sprayed water after u discover it like this?
better to leave alone at this point
it doez look like molting
do not touch, dont blow, dont spray watter
u will do more bad then good
I sprayed before I found her, she was lying behind her "tree", so I didn't see her first:(
And I never spray directly at her.

Last edited:

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i am thinking it was w/c so just keep a eye on it lets hope its just a molt that all you can do lets hope its a happy ending and you have a beautiful ( t ) after a molt ---- phil;) :)

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I sprayed before I found her, she was lying behind her "tree", so I didn't see her first:(
keep ur hopes up, it will be fine,
jus dont touch
if u jus look for few min, u will see
it gona move legs, slightly, every15-20sec
if it doez it definately molting