Dead?

flotation

Arachnopeon
I got this H.Lividum sling about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't eaten since then. It was pretty docile and lacks the quickness that I have read about them.
Anyway just 8 hours ago, it was still moving sluggishly. But when I checked on it just now, it wasn't moving! Is it dead?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like it, that definitely looks like a death curl. I would put it in an ICU it could save it.

flotation

Arachnopeon
aw.. makes me want to cry... :(

is the ICU thing where you put them in a container with damp tissue?

is there other alternative for tissue? darn I really ran out of tissue today...:(

and how long will I for it in ICU to confirm its dead?

nicolevins

Arachnopeon
Here is Robc's video on how to make an ICU, just incase you aren't aware:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kegSrK99RRI

I'm not sure if there is another alternative for tissue. Haven't you got any in your toilet(bathroom)? If you have a near-by store to run to, that'd be great.

You should keep the T in there for atleast 24 hours and see how it progresses. Keep up updated on your little one.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
aw.. makes me want to cry... :(

is the ICU thing where you put them in a container with damp tissue?

is there other alternative for tissue? darn I really ran out of tissue today...:(

and how long will I for it in ICU to confirm its dead?
A good link on ICU care: http://people.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/icu10.html

Yeah, it's basically a container with a damp paper towel folded up at the bottom. I suppose you COULD use a small washcloth? I wonder if the T's claws and fangs might get stuck in the fibers though...

Sorry about your little one. :(

Cookii

Arachnopeon
That does'nt look good :(

Maybe you could use a small piece of cloth (like a napkin), would that work?

Sorry Fyreflye, i did'nt see your post before i wrote mine.

Last edited:

flotation

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the links and replies! :)
I really ran off to a store to buy tissue. Its my fourth T and my first sling so I really took care of it as much as I could for more than a week. I hope it survives, if not then I'm better off with scorps...:( or maybe just one last try..

I actually saw Robc's video before but it had a water dish if I remember it correctly. So I was kinda doubting whether to put one on mine since its just a sling. Currently reading the link from Fyreflye so I'd be prepared when it happens again..:)

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Sorry to hear about your little one. I hope it pulls through! Good luck, little guy!