dead Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus

Smileyboy

Arachnopeon
hello everyone, hope everyones having a good day!

the first 6 is the surviving one, nickname 3in bullet.
next 6 sadly is the dead one. RIP. im hoping the the pics provided can help u tell which one was male and female.
thanks everyone!

Attachments

Last edited:

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
This is one of the most expensive Ts in the hobby why not full disclosure?

Did they pack it wrong on purpose and y'all made a deal or something don't understand?

And why's it funny?

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I could be out of line, I'm not familiar with other countries parcel services, but that's a bit of a wait, and with such an expensive pair I have to ask if it was shipped from out of country? I know a few sellers advertise "brown box" international shipping. I'm not passing judgement or anything if that's what went down, I just hope you can get a reliable replacement. Good luck!

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
I could be out of line, I'm not familiar with other countries parcel services, but that's a bit of a wait, and with such an expensive pair I have to ask if it was shipped from out of country? I know a few sellers advertise "brown box" international shipping. I'm not passing judgement or anything if that's what went down, I just hope you can get a reliable replacement. Good luck!
Yeah that's why I had asked the q, Cause here in CA as far as I'm aware only Bruce (arachnophiliacs) and Amanda&Martin (TC) have had legal imports of slings of that sp.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Advice to the OP:

If you're going to brown box, don't advertise it. Especially on a site that is well-known to be monitored. Or, you know, don't brown box at all.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Advice to the OP:

If you're going to brown box, don't advertise it. Especially on a site that is well-known to be monitored. Or, you know, don't brown box at all.
And I've still had a couple dealers here offer it before I knew to look at their location first lol. I never took the risk myself.

I ALMOST ordered from Tarantulas Bristol before I realized you had to have proper permits, luckily I posted here and yall corrected me real quick before I ordered

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Can't? Because you don't know the shipper? Perhaps you meant "won't".
This whole thread is the spider equivalent of kids posting pictures on Instagram of themselves in a stolen car.

"I have no idea how I got caught."
"Well, y'know, don't post questions asking for help on your illegally imported spiders."

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I agree that it seems likely that he brown boxed, which is why I asked about the length of shipping time. However, he can't post review stuff on this part of the forum, so he's right to decline to say where he got the tarantulas.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
In an alternative reality I'm ordering an helluva of 0.1 Goddess Pelinobius muticus in pure 'brown boxing' mode from Uganda, packed personally by:
"His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular." without DOA of all sorts :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Based on the fact that the seller is going to make the DOA right I wouldn't post a name either...

If he didn't charge me shipping I would still give him a good review..

These are live animals being moved by moronic people ( not the OP or Seller) things happen..Traffic jams flight delays etc...
Chillax homies cut the rope off the hangin tree...

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
In an alternative reality I'm ordering an helluva of 0.1 Goddess Pelinobius muticus in pure 'brown boxing' mode from Uganda, packed personally by:
"His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular." without DOA of all sorts :)
Is this a Gilbert & Sullivan musical?