Dead or Molting???? Help!!!

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think that someone who want to get ANY animal, MUST get informed BEFORE he get one (atleast the basic care). How hard is to read the stickies? When you read all the stickies, and do a search, and you still have any question or dilema, THEN you can ask "good" question.. This is a very good forum, with valid information. Many people like xhexdx, fran... know what are they talking about. Anyone think that this stickies have bad info?! (especifically for OP question).

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=153508

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=145454

sorry for my spelling....
I partially agree with you. My only issue... Not everyone is on Arachnoboards and not everyone knows about stickies. I certainly didn't. And I found AB "AFTER" my first spider.

Added:

You mention you must fully informed before you get an animal and how hard is it to read stickies...

Not everyone is on AB first for stickies and then gets a spider. Relax, many people get the cart before the horse.

Last edited:

JOBAH

Arachnopeon
we are talking about "dead or molting?".. OP obviously know about AB, and know how to start a new thread, so he should know how to find the stickies, they are very easy to find. or just do a search..

I said atleast the basic care... AB is not the only place that you can find info on tarantulas.

and I am relaxed, no worries :)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
we are talking about "dead or molting?".. OP obviously know about AB, and know how to start a new thread, so he should know how to find the stickies, they are very easy to find. or just do a search..

I said atleast the basic care... AB is not the only place that you can find info on tarantulas.

and I am relaxed, no worries :)
It is a very simple reasoning. I fully agree with you.

Im not an expert , but I did my fair share of reading and researching about Theraphosids. Not only via Internet, but via books and documentaries ( I started in 1996, I didnt have Internet at home then) .

No one is calling anything to the OP, neither is embarrasing him...We are only advising that a very basic research should be done prior getting an animal of any kind.

While some specific questions wont be easy to find the answers for, something like the way tarantulas grow is absolutely the ABC of tarantula keeping.

Thanks for your input.

mike w

Arachnopeon
Just something to think about. We all were new to this hobby one time or another. Some of us are more inclined to self research tecniques for learning, while others tend to ask more questions to learn. The only dumb question maybe the one that is not asked!

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
It's the new guy again

I am truly grateful for this site and the information on it. I am one of those people that want to go to the one or two people who know. After reading many of the posts here on this site I developed the understanding that much of the information found in books is outdated or just incorrect. I would prefer to go to those that know the correct info. That being said, I know the Molting or Dead question may have been one that did not need to be asked. I could have waited an hour or two and figured it out all on my own. It was my initial response to ask “Daddy” if what was happening was what I thought was happening, both out of excitement and fear. What I got back, was unwelcoming. I didn’t know the responses on this site had to live up to a certain standard or level of experience. I was looking for a fast answer, since it was happening in real time, so I turned to those that could give it to me now. I am sorry this has turned into a waste of everyone’s time and that my name is associated with this thread. I will read and do all the research before I post again, that I promise.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am truly grateful for this site and the information on it. I am one of those people that want to go to the one or two people who know. After reading many of the posts here on this site I developed the understanding that much of the information found in books is outdated or just incorrect. I would prefer to go to those that know the correct info. That being said, I know the Molting or Dead question may have been one that did not need to be asked. I could have waited an hour or two and figured it out all on my own. It was my initial response to ask “Daddy” if what was happening was what I thought was happening, both out of excitement and fear. What I got back, was unwelcoming. I didn’t know the responses on this site had to live up to a certain standard or level of experience. I was looking for a fast answer, since it was happening in real time, so I turned to those that could give it to me now. I am sorry this has turned into a waste of everyone’s time and that my name is associated with this thread. I will read and do all the research before I post again, that I promise.
If my response was perceived as unwelcoming, I do apologice. It was not intended that way, but honestly just to "push" a sense of research rather than asking right away.
Again, it was not intended that way.

Now please, in ANY case, dont take my response as the response of the site.
Arachnoboards is Arachnoboards, and Fran is myself. You dont need to live up to any standards to post here, at least, they are not setted by me.
I am a member like yourself.

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Please...Please :)
Dont take this the wrong way.

Asking about something as basic as tarantula molting, and on top of that reffering to it as "How do you guys know this stuff without touching her"...
It says, in genreal, quite a lot about you.

You didnt even bother to GOOGLE "Tarantula keeping", "Tarantula care"............"Tarantula upside down in my terrarium".......????????????????

I mean come on...You need to do a bit of work on your own before going through life asking the first question that crosses you mind. It wont help you at all if you dont put a bit of interest to find things on your own. :eek:
Can you explain the use of the embarrassment emoticon, Fran? Why do you feel it is ok to call out his character in the first paragrah, then assume you know what he has searched for, and that this is the first question that crossed his mind? You are smarter than this, quit acting like you don't get it.

Your post was a parrot post to begin with, it had already been suggested that a you can find this type of information by searching. You didn't add anything new, only said that his question revealed something about his charater, then you end with the embarrassment emticon. Why do that?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can you explain the use of the embarrassment emoticon, Fran? Why do you feel it is ok to call out his character in the first paragrah, then assume you know what he has searched for, and that this is the first question that crassed his mind? You are smarter than this, quit acting like you don't get it.

Your post was a parrot post to begin with, it had already been suggested that a you can find this type of information by searching. You didn't add anything new, only said that his question revealed something about his charater, then you end with the embarrassment emticon. Why do that?

I am done with you. What I needed to say to the OP was said. Period.

But just so you stop the picking, that is an emoticon that was used because I felt like it. How you want to interpret it, its up to you.

You are not to say whats ok for me to post or not. As long as is within the rules, what I post or not is sincerely none of your bussines.

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That is right, and I'll ride this horse all the way to the barn and put it away wet.

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why doesn't everyone just drop it?? The guy got his information, that is all that is needed. There is no need for all the other posts unless there are informative.

and congrats on the molt! Very exciting thing to witness!

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Thanks Fran. I do believe this whole conversation has been blown way out. I understand the motivation for your responses and appreciate your semi apology. I am glad to see so many people get so very emotional over their Ts and their care. I hope to continue learning about my own. I have to start somewhere.