dead or alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooyaTarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well glad to hear your T is doing fine, and I would have thought it was stress from shipping as well (since it didn't die) which is a lot better than all of the alternatives out there. It's really funny how people will jump all over you for asking a simple question, so I give you mad props for asking anyways, I wouldn't have known what to do since I am a beginner. I tried Duc's advice, and my tarantula MUST be alive. Just jokes. Good luck with the T's

BooyaTarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Also, what is the point of dissecting a post in order to prove some point about your mastery of the english language? Why waste everyone's time pointing out writing errors when everyone understands the question anyways? Since when is posting a question about caring for your animals an invitation for humour and satire? Just a couple thoughts...

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also, what is the point of dissecting a post in order to prove some point about your mastery of the english language? Why waste everyone's time pointing out writing errors when everyone understands the question anyways? Since when is posting a question about caring for your animals an invitation for humour and satire? Just a couple thoughts...
When someone asks if a tarantula is alive after it has repeatedly stood up and moved, I find a great amount of humor in the situation...{D

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...especially when said person has over 300 posts...
So basically there are extra posts now over the way I worded something incorrectly... i didnt know it was THAT funny.. I guesss simple minds get amused for an extended amount of time....Learn something new every day....

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So basically there are extra posts now over the way I worded something incorrectly... i didnt know it was THAT funny.. I guesss simple minds get amused for an extended amount of time....Learn something new every day....
hey, when you make a post like this one, it will be discussed {D .

And calling me stupid, way to raise the bar there...:clap:

Derek W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So basically there are extra posts now over the way I worded something incorrectly... i didnt know it was THAT funny.. I guesss simple minds get amused for an extended amount of time
First of all, you have no right to insult my intelligence. Let's get that straight.

Secondly, I was merely commenting on the fact that it's kind of funny that someone with so many posts on the boards is asking a question that was something like "Is my tarantula dying". With as many posts as you have someone might think you have more experience with T's than you actually do. There are people on these boards who have been around for years and are very knowledgable, yet they havent racked up over 300 posts. That is actually more disturbing than it is funny, because a newbie might take your advice over someone with way more experience, simply because they are new to boards and they look at your "rank" and number of posts.

Learn something new every day....
Finally, I am glad I was able to be part of your learning experience :D .

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First of all, you have no right to insult my intelligence. Let's get that straight.

Secondly, I was merely commenting on the fact that it's kind of funny that someone with so many posts on the boards is asking a question that was something like "Is my tarantula dying". With as many posts as you have someone might think you have more experience with T's than you actually do. There are people on these boards who have been around for years and are very knowledgable, yet they havent racked up over 300 posts. That is actually more disturbing than it is funny, because a newbie might take your advice over someone with way more experience, simply because they are new to boards and they look at your "rank" and number of posts.

Finally, I am glad I was able to be part of your learning experience :D .

Sorry but if you dont add any thing USEFUL to the post and you just wanna add on to the jokes and be part of the "in" crowd of the people making the jokes... then yes i have a right to insult you...dont like it oh well...its so funny how when YOU are the butt of the joke you aren't laughing and making stupid comments...remember this the next time you try to joke on someone it will come back to you and it will hurt like an eye full of uricating hairs feel the burn lmaoooo lol....{D {D {D {D

Derek W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry but if you dont add any thing USEFUL to the post and you just wanna add on to the jokes and be part of the "in" crowd of the people making the jokes
Ok, I just explained my original post in the post above. If you had actually read it you would know that it wasn't even really adding on to the joke. If anything it is more or less pointing out a slight weakness of the boards. If you took it wrong then w/e, but snapping back by attacking my intelligence is a rather childish thing to do.

then yes i have a right to insult you...dont like it oh well
Sorry, but it doesn't work that way, you don't know me, and therefore cannot comment on my intelligence.

remember this the next time you try to joke on someone it will come back to you and it will hurt like an eye full of uricating hairs feel the burn lmaoooo lol....{D {D {D {D
...not sure what one can say to an outburst such as that...

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow i used to feel bad for him but this is a complete joke.:wall: :wall: :wall: :evil:

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
now boys play nicely or you will have to sit on the bad boy step for forty years lol :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :( ---- phil

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, I just explained my original post in the post above. If you had actually read it you would know that it wasn't even really adding on to the joke. If anything it is more or less pointing out a slight weakness of the boards. If you took it wrong then w/e, but snapping back by attacking my intelligence is a rather childish thing to do.

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way, you don't know me, and therefore cannot comment on my intelligence.

...not sure what one can say to an outburst such as that...
Get over it spider....you got hurt...let it go..its just the internet..if you got your feelings hurt over a computer you've been on here too long {D {D {D..Next time keep your comments POST RELATED and I'm 100% sure none of this would have happen cause it didnt happen in none of my other posts...people are just so bored when they get on the internet they feel the need to amuse them selves by trying to mock and correct everyone else....no one told you to add your two cents especially since it wasnt POST related..thats why YOU ARENT SUPPOSE TO HIJACK threads... I can't believe you are getting touchy over a computer....Want some tissues for your issues? lmaoo :clap: :clap: {D

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well glad to hear your T is doing fine, and I would have thought it was stress from shipping as well (since it didn't die) which is a lot better than all of the alternatives out there. It's really funny how people will jump all over you for asking a simple question, so I give you mad props for asking anyways, I wouldn't have known what to do since I am a beginner. I tried Duc's advice, and my tarantula MUST be alive. Just jokes. Good luck with the T's

B -Tarantula.. thanks..yea its all good... some of these people who come on this website as i've said before (not you) feel the need to make jokes out of stuff some of us see as a serious issue....if they understood my question (which I'm sure they did because those certain people are always on this site) then all that excess PC non - sense wasn't even needed at all....but since they were bored they decided to hijack the thread instead of giving me a respectful answer ( or no answer at all) and moving on to the next thread. how do you have "Posts: 1,071" and pretend like you don't understand the question...Clearly the Tarantula is still alive when I said "dead or alive" then the next clue should be "does he mean dying or a alive"...Some people on this site turn honest mistakes into mountains.....When you have that many post then you know EXACTLY what the question is... so this just goes down to people harrassing other people end of story.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just have to ask this, do you know the difference between death and life? If something is reacting to it's environment, its generally alive. The complete absence of movement and reaction to outside stimulus would indicate death.
This is a clear violation of one of the rules:

Absolutely NO flaming, deliberate personal attacks, or excessively antagonizing posts! Any violations of this rule will earn either a stern warning and post deletion, or a 2-week or 1-month ban, at the moderators' discretion. Obviously, harsher infractions will require harsher punishment, so please think twice.

This is a personal attack on how I worded seeing as how he has A LOT of posts he clearly understood what I meant..but decided to add stuff I never asked for...nor did I ask for any dictionary definition...he clearly did this just to antagonize me about my grammar and so on.....Wasn't called for at all..Afte he did this a bunch of other people started doing the exact same thing i guess it was for the "cool" factor....Either way its appreciated if people respond with something useful and respectful...or don't respond at all....I do appreciate the responds of people who didn't get into the English class non sense and just helped me to come to a conclusion....

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is a clear violation of one of the rules:

Absolutely NO flaming, deliberate personal attacks, or excessively antagonizing posts! Any violations of this rule will earn either a stern warning and post deletion, or a 2-week or 1-month ban, at the moderators' discretion. Obviously, harsher infractions will require harsher punishment, so please think twice.

This is a personal attack on how I worded seeing as how he has A LOT of posts he clearly understood what I meant..but decided to add stuff I never asked for...nor did I ask for any dictionary definition...he clearly did this just to antagonize me about my grammar and so on.....Wasn't called for at all..Afte he did this a bunch of other people started doing the exact same thing i guess it was for the "cool" factor....Either way its appreciated if people respond with something useful and respectful...or don't respond at all....I do appreciate the responds of people who didn't get into the English class non sense and just helped me to come to a conclusion....
First off, its not a personal attack, its a definition. Second, you asked if it was DEAD or ALIVE in the title and the initial post. Don't try to say it's a spelling or grammatical misnomer. You were asking, very clearly I might add, as to the state of being of your P. murinus. Truthfully, yes, I did find this utterly ridiculous and worthy of some slight ribbing. And please don't doubt my English skills. Bet you didn't know I am actually a published author. They were short stories published in independant magazines, but published none the less. If anyone has made personal attacks in this thread, its you my friend. And truthfully, you make yourself look worse and worse with every attempt at defending yourself. You posted a stupid question in a public forum and got called out on it. Grow up and get on with your life.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
take it from me a lot of people have had a good kicking ( hypothetical ) on this board as i have had sometimes just try to rise above it i know its hard but do not let the b****** grind you down :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ---- phil

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First off, its not a personal attack, its a definition. Second, you asked if it was DEAD or ALIVE in the title and the initial post. Don't try to say it's a spelling or grammatical misnomer. You were asking, very clearly I might add, as to the state of being of your P. murinus. Truthfully, yes, I did find this utterly ridiculous and worthy of some slight ribbing. And please don't doubt my English skills. Bet you didn't know I am actually a published author. They were short stories published in independant magazines, but published none the less. If anyone has made personal attacks in this thread, its you my friend. And truthfully, you make yourself look worse and worse with every attempt at defending yourself. You posted a stupid question in a public forum and got called out on it. Grow up and get on with your life.

Again as i said.....all the english class grammar and so on isnt needed all you had to do was respond to the post..clearly if its moving both you and i know its know its not dead. This should have todl you that i made a typo.... whats the point in calling me out on something like that?..isnt really that serious?..its not as if I'm throwing away LIVE tarantulas..." you posted a stupid question"...sounds like a person attack to me... if you found it so ridiculous you should have been a grown up about it and just not posted anything at all..ironic how your telling me to "grow up" when you decided to make a childish joke about the whole thing...hmmm.. couldnt careless what you are.....I didn't say anything about your SKILLs...I said you are POINTLESSly correcting mine.....RE-read what i typed before you per se put words in my mouth..."worthy of some slight ribbing" this is another way of saying personal attack"..no matter how you word whatever you say...its gonna be a violation but ok..whatever just drop it now..Oh yea and anyone can get anything published...its really not that hard.....so again please don't tell me about none of your personal business...I don't care for it..you just keep harrassing me over MY post..hmm..its done.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok...you know what?

Everyone just grow the hell up.

This is a public forum, on the internet. There are real people here. Many people have different levels of experience...some higher and some lower.

If someone percieves a question as stupid, then this will be pointed out. Deal with it.

I for one am tired of all these threads that eventually turn into a junior high school lunch table, complete with the bickering and drama.

If that's what you want, that's what this is for.

To the OP...

my Pterinochilus murinus is acting wierd i cant tell if he dead or alive...he is in the death curl but i gently shake the critter keeper and blow on him to see if he is alive (because im not putting my hand in there lol) and he makes threating postures (as he should) then he goes back to the death pose..

so is he dead?....or alive?..whats going on :? :? :?
That is asking if the tarantula is dead. You got your answer (which was no). Deal with it. The post was either badly worded or it was just a stupid question. Either way the latter is the way it was percieved, obviously because of the wording. Expect stupid answers to stupid questions.

If people are going to start protecting people on these forums from percieved personal attacks, then there's no point in asking questions if every single answer is percieved as a personal attack. Just like in real life, not everyone is going to like you on the internet, either. This is why I have an ignore list. That is why several of you are now on it.

Hell, there are people here who have asked people not to quote them. If you can't handle people quoting you or if you can't handle the responses to your badly worded questions, then you honestly need to go back to grade school.

A singular gem from this thread that highlights the type of stupidity I'm talking about, in case none of you have gotten my point yet.

In response to this post which was obviously made as a joke, evidenced by the picture on the bottom.

Ill keep this in mind when you decide to ask a question about something you dont have a clue about,
That might be the single most ignorant comment I have seen on here in a long long time.
Hell...the Bram Stroker mention should been a dead giveaway that was a joke. He wrote Dracula...in case nobody here got that.

The level of immaturity on this forum has reached an all time high in the past month or so. It seems the only reason people are actually reading the rules is to drop them on people in an arguement.

So...again. All of you, grow the hell up and read the rules. Don't just quote them.

I'll quote a choice part:

Please avoid posting threads/posts that are blatantly confrontational, antagonistic, or belligerent. All it will accomplish is getting people to respond to you in the same manner and that's not necessary nor appreciated.
Oh, by the way. If you can't handle something I've said in this post, don't bother reporting it. That's already been taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.