Dead Burmese Python found in Missouri Tree

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well that certainly doesn't look good on the hobby!:mad: Who would release a NON native animal!?:mad: Especially one that most people would consider potentially "dangerous"!?!?:mad: :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

PrettyInInk87

Arachnopeon
Hasn't anyone thought that he could have escaped? It might have been a caring and responsible owner but for some odd reason something went wrong and he got out. :? It's just me but, who knows.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hasn't anyone thought that he could have escaped? It might have been a caring and responsible owner but for some odd reason something went wrong and he got out. :? It's just me but, who knows.
I don't know but it seems kind of hard for a snake that big to escape AND then get out of the house. But who knows!

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Has anyone considered the possibility that the snake could have died in captivity and the owner "disposed" of the body by throwing it into a tree? That was the case with the dead Gaboon Viper found in Maine not long ago; it died, and the owner thought it would be funny to place the body across a foot path behind a theater. People see a dead exotic snake and assume that it and others like it are just crawling around everywhere, unfortunately.

pitbulllady

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think sumone let it go. Our winters are to harsh. an this was in the middle of knowwhere.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
as someone who grew up around 18.5 foot burmese pythons and used to breed them i can tell you a responsible owner wouldn't have let an escape happen in all my years keeping burmese we had zero escapes from adults or babies their containers were always pad locked and had cinderblocks put ontop of any screen lids so that the snakes couldn't push them off then the snake room they were kept in was also pad locked (as was the out door enclosure for the larger burmese we had) some might think that was overkill but back then breeding burmese pythons when you lived in florida was a risk to the hobby if you didn't provide that sort of overkill.

Kaimetsu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
On this board a few months ago someone's pet retic in texas escaped and was living near a nearby pond, the poster was asking for help in catching it. I have no idea if that situation was resolved but it was an obvious case of an owner not securing their pet well enough, so it definitely can happen. In the case of this burm i'd guess it was either let free or it escaped, either way the owner was irresponsible.