daytona show!!whos going??

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i got the hotel room and the rental car,now who am i gonna see there??

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i may make it, that is 1 BIG AWESOME show,been to the ones in the past.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
are there lots of inverts at this show? can you buy stuff there or do you need licenses since its in florida?

thanks

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the last time i was there they had some invert.dealers,not alot,more reptiles ofcourse lot's of spiders,some scorps,afew centies and that was it,i bought aswell with no problems,permits etc. i'm in fla aswell and fish and game were looking for illegal stuff all threw out the show. it's definitly worth to check it out.

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll be there for sure. Probably on Saturday.
There's always quite a few invert dealers there.

I propose an after hours meet for dinner or something. Can't be drinks at a bar since 1. I'll be there with my kids, and 2. I don't drink.

A buffet or a Dennys, something along that line.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I do plan to go, but I want to make sure the Bugmen turnout is better than last year. I went Saturday and Glades Herp, Theraphosid breeding project and one other small booth with a few slings (I don't remember the name) were there. There were a zillion rept dealers of course. The year before there were lots of dealers Scott Crowe, Krazy Eights, Todd Gearhart, Glades Herp, Theraphosid and more. A good turnout makes it all worthwhile.;)
I don't know how many collectors are going but Garrick might go he's a cool guy with lots of experience with T's. Who else is going? Dealers Collectors?

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Someone from this thread should contact all the dealers and find out if they're going this year and then post the results to this thread.

I nominate you. :)

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Daytona Beach Expo..

Just curious if anyone else is planning on attending the National Reptile Breeders Expo in Daytona Beach Florida, Aug 17-19? Always a fantastic show and I havnt missed one since it started about 10 years ago. Normally at least 3-4 Tarantula dealers there, theroposid breeding project is always there. And if they decide to make the trip crazy 8s invertabrates has a very nice display also.

Hope to see a few of you there ;)

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, the shows are pretty awesome,ive got some buddies that will be there.they have tables turtles/reptiles,i may make it this year,gotta see being i'm in ft.laud and money is alittle tight:( will see,been to the ones in the past,very busy:clap:

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll be there. Most likely (if I ain't too hung over from Friday night partying) I'll be helping at the Kingsnake.com table first thing at opening of the doors on Saturday. Usually give away free tshirts and them things go fast. After that I'm gonna likely make a bee line for any spider vendor I can find ROFL.

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I didnt even think to look here b4 I started a thread in the announcements section :wall:

I will be going on saturday for sure. This is always a must see show for me.

Theraphosid Breeding will be there for sure, I spoke with Billy a couple days ago.

Pennywise - I heard that Crazy 8s didnt make it last year because the drive from Cali was brutal..lol Im still hoping they show up again.

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You're in Melbourne? Me too. But just barely. I live on the north side of Palm Bay Rd. Which is as south as you can get before you're in Palm Bay.

tkn0spdr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Would be great to have a little post show get together for dinner or whatever. Everyone chime in with their opinions on what/where we could get together.

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
tkn0spdr - Im in SE Palm Bay. South of the Palm Bay BCC campus. Probably wont be able to do the dinner cause we are normally on our way back home by about 3pm or so. Ill send ya a PM, see what we can figure out.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm going to try and go but its going to be extreemly depressing...I cant come home with anything!!! :wall:
Is there a website with the info on dates, times, and directions?

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I sent some emails out a week ago and I only got one answer which was from Krazy 8s of sunny cal who sends his best but isn't going to make the Daytona scene this year. I think since they discontinued the venemous show the arachnid dealers are not as interested in this event. Anyway things may pick up during the last week before the show. I will post dealers names who say they are going.;)