Day/night temps!

sever555

Arachnopeon
Hello fellows!
Is it important that you drop the temperatures at night for scorpions in captivity? Many people let the temperatures be the same everytime and some others drop the night temps. I have searched the internet but haven't found something.
Thanks!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Keep it in room temperature (of course this may vary) is just fine.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It doesn’t matter. Night temps will drop by few degrees anyways. Scorpion don’t care

CritterKeeper21

Arachnosquire
My U. Mordax tank is room temp all the time and for my C. Sculpturatus, I just have my light turn off at night. I think they end up being around 90+ during the day and high 70s at night.

sever555

Arachnopeon
Hi 🙂 Basically, I have all my scorpions in same container in their seperate enclosures, and I am heating them all together (80-90 range) But at night my room gets cold at night (60-64) and I think that for some species it is a bit low..
Do you recommend keeping them all at 80ish for all the time?
Thanks for your time

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hi 🙂 Basically, I have all my scorpions in same container in their seperate enclosures, and I am heating them all together (80-90 range) But at night my room gets cold at night (60-64) and I think that for some species it is a bit low..
Do you recommend keeping them all at 80ish for all the time?
Thanks for your time
Day time range of 80 - 90 range is fine. You don't really wont to drop below 75 at night, unless you have Really deep substrate where the scorpion can burrow down .Deep substrate being 10 - 12 inches for H.arizon. ( Desert Hairy ) A night time temp. drop is good for desert species, For Pandinus, Heterometrus ( tropical forest ) it's okay to have a constant temp. as the night time temp. wont vary much where they are deep in the forest floor.