Day dedicated to iguanas

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok I got off work at 1 pm today and from the time I got home til now I worked on Beths Iguana tarranium...well first off I had to sell 8 Red-Bellied pacu and 2 plecos to make some room for the Iguanas (My fish collecting comes to an end)and then get the 75 gallon tarranium all cleaned and steralized for its future occupants and then half of the day was used to set it up...here is the out come and I think im pretty content with it

~~~Psycho~~~

Attachments

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
wow....looks like quite the nice setup!
If I had the room (which I don't) and the inclination (which I also don't) I'd have some iguanas! (which I don't!)
But I can admire them from afar!

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey

Thanks for the pics they're really nice. You have a nice iguanas. this makes me rember seeing a show about iguanas not so far back that interested me. It was about this Hotel that has iguanas and stuff
it was nice. any ways have a nice day
geo

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not to rain on your parade..............but, not really a good idea to keep two iguanas together, especially since there is a large size difference as yours. the smaller one may be intimidated by the larger one and wither away. otherwise, nice looking setup. looks like it will be easy to keep clean, is that floor tiles on the bottom of the enclosure? I like the ladder to the upper deck. zoo med has come out with new halogen basking lights that supposedly really wake up the colors on herps as well as increased UV rays. I had a large adult male iquana for years. someone gave him to me after he had escaped numerous times from his enclosure and terrorized everyone in their household. I still miss him. he died from old age, he must have been around ten years old or more.
Ed

Last edited:

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Thats totally cool how u have two levels. I did that for my mice once, gave them 2x the play area. If only they hadnt chewed the floor to bits, stupid heads!

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for all the complements on the setup!! It's really not any problem keeping the two of them together. We had Godzilla first and we got Nessy about 2 months later when we saw him at a local pet store for $15. Couldn't pass it up, he was with someone who couldn't care for him anymore, and is missing part of his tail, but he's cool anyway. They are the best of friends already!!=D

Attachments

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Keeping them together most likely won't be a problem until the older one reaches sexual maturity and gets territorial - of course, that enclosure will be too small by then. :)

Its not a bad setup, though I might add some actual branches being that igs are arboreal. My two big guys only come out of their trees to eat.

Rav

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm hoping that maybe one of them is female and one of them is male (haven't sexed them yet...) or that both of them are female so that they can be kept together their whole lives. Of course I dont know if I really want baby iguanas??? When they get to be about 3' we plan on building an enclosure the whole hight of our closet that was turned into a reptile room (seeing as iguna's prefer more hight than floor space) then the 75 enclosure will be given to some other lizard. Not sure which one yet :}

~~~Psycho~~~

-One more thing... yes the bottom is tile... same stuff as in our kitchen lol....

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Oooooh that's beautiful. I had three 4' - 5' iguanas.... I took apart an entertainment center and left some of the shelves and got creative with the pretty green rubber covered chicken wire. They had different levels, a "sun room" a food room, a hidey hole. It was really beautiful. Got two clutches of eggs too! But my incubator went haywire and I ended up with hard boiled ig eggs!:(

Anyway, got tired of the poop. They pooped up my iguana condominium until it looked like iguana skid row. That's why I only have Ts now. But, dang, iguanas sure are cool! And yours are cuties. I can just see the big guy bobbing his head if that little one turns out to be a girlie iguana!:D