Day dedicated to Hydra

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, so either I'm bored or just in the picture posting mood today. Here's some pictures of Hydra :p

~~~Psycho~~~

Attachments

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh yeah for those of you who dont know she's a savanna monitor
:?

Attachments

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bad shed problem thanks to the shi**y way she was kept at a local pet store (if you ever come to sheboygan wisconsin never go to a pet store called Noah's Ark) she gets to go to the vet after aug 6th so hopefully he can help her out.

Attachments

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok so Noah didn't want to give hydra a kiss. LOL he doesn't like to pet too many reptiles since nessy (the green iguana) whipped him with her tail. He still likes the T's

Attachments

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Where do you keep all of those critters?

Your house must be huge!
I wish I had a bigger place.

Awsome lizard by the way:cool:

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by sunnymarcie
Where do you keep all of those critters?

Here's some pictures of our reptile room....

Last edited:

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Your little boy is so cute. Lovely monitor too, hope the vet solves teh shedding problem.

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks!! Yeah I hope the vet can solve the problem to. It's been a month now and we've gone threw a whole bottle of that shed helper crap. That stuff aint cheap!!

~~~Psycho~~~

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What kind of monitor is that?

Just curious, though....Are you worried about when they all become full sized? :p

I mean...that monitor and two iguanas already take up a huge amount of space..

Not my business or anything :p It's just that I've wanted to get a monitor so very badly, but I'm trying my damned hardest to fight the urge until I finish college.

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Psycho

nice looking savanna monitor as for the shed problem have you tried to bath it because in the past when ive kept monitors which have had shed problems ive put them in a very large container with a lid with a few inches of warm water which seems to loosen the old skin that then can be peeled of easily and its a lot cheaper then stuff thats made for shedding problems also have you tried raising the humidity slightly when you see signs of shedding

fatbloke

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First off, the shed problem, yes I give her baths, and like I said I used a whole friggen bottle of that shed stuff in her baths (not at once of course) and it still hasn't helped. On her back it looks like either she was burned or that the previous owners tried to pull dry skin off of her. Her home right now is 1/2 potting soil 1/2 sand, the potting soil is always wet. She also has a bath/water dish that is the size of a large cat litter pan.

Hydra is a savanna monitor. :D

With monitors floor space is more important than height. Once all 3 of them get big enough they will be moved out against the wall that the green iguanas are agains right now and will probably each be on their own shelf with a home that's about the length of the wall and about hmm... 3' high. The green iguanas will then go in the reptile room in an enclosure that we are building that will be the height of the room and come out about 2'. Iguanas like more height than floor space.

~~~Psycho~~~