day 30, the moment of truth

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I'm so excited! I pulled the A versicolor eggsac today, and here is what we have!
Just since this morning, they are molting into post embryos....I can sit and watch it happen, it's fascinating.
I'm fairly confident at this point all is good....didn't want to jinx myself before...enjoy :)

Last edited:

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

now that must be very cool, baby versi's totaly awesome, good job!--Jeff

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
CONGRATS!!!!!

now when are these hitting the market ;P

peace,
dave

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
didn't want to jinx myself before...enjoy

Congratulations ! I thought I was the only person who was starting to become superstitious around here.:) After a recent string of eggsac mishaps, I've adopted a " no mention of eggs until they have legs" policy. I am very happy for you. =D =D

John

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) must be a lot of hard work involved raising s,lings .
from past experience how many do you think youll have?

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good luck with all your little ones!

Just one question, was there a reason you took the egg sack away from the momma? From what I've heard and seen, Avic's are normally good mothers. I had one egg sack from an A. Avic. and she did awesome. Just wondering what your experiences were.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Holley,
Congrats! I think "eggs with legs" are so damn cute..:)
Peace,
Gillian

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
thanks everyone :)
JP...I'm superstitious as well...too many things can go wrong!
Spidertwin...well, I started adopting the 'eggsac removal from mom at 30 days' policy. For one, her container would present great problems for removing the youngsters. Two, I've had good sucess this route (3 for 4). I left the B albopilosum slings with mom TOO long, and this resulted in 1/4" slings ALL OVER my house!
RugbyDave, they still have quite a ways to go!

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aaaaaaw, Cute cute cute lil buggy babies!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well take good care of those kids and let us know how they're doing.. i can't wait for my first eggsac.. well ishould say my T's first eggsac.. that would be wierd if I had an eggsac, my self :)

take it slow and warm :)

peace,
congrats on being a new pseudo-mom,
dave

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Nice caviar...er, ah hatchlings

Good luck with the newborns. That pic gave me a flash of the TV show Fear Factor......I hope they don't ever decide to put our beloved T's on their menu!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Thats great and good luck with them. How do you have those eggs set up now? They wont dry out being out of the eggsac ?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
they are in a paper towel hammock with a nylon underneath, in a tall cup with verm/water mixture in the bottom, and a lid with airholes. They are sitting on top of my computer case, and the room is 80 degrees. It's warm and humid and they are doing great!

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for the responce Sin, again, good luck with the little ones!

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Awesome, Holley! Congratulations. And BTW, your boy Tarn is back with me again. I'm figure I'll try him with my recalcitrant grossa again, just to see if absence has made her heart grow fonder ;)

Joy