Davus Pentaloris

BadDann

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
So Fear Not has 1/4 inch slings for sale. Obviously a stunning looking species. Anyone have a lot of experience with this species from a small sling on up? Curious about growth rate, enclosure setup, behavior,and how well they display. Didn't find out too much about this species. Anyone with experience and information would be greatly appreciated.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Arachnosupporter
I have an adult female. Fairly fast growth rate. Care of spiderlings is pretty much the same as all of them - substrate a bit damp, feed pre-killed crickets or meal worm chunks, keep at room temperature. Setup of enclosures was exactly like all of my other terrestrial species - substrate, water dish, and a hide at room temperature.
This is an extremely fast species and is skittish all throughout their lives. If you do not include a hide, you risk them bolting right out of their enclosure. I have heard of several people losing theirs.
My girl will use her hide when I disturb her enclosure, but is otherwise usually out and about when I check on her. She has a voracious appetite and only fasts directly before moulting. She has never kicked hair at me, but she went right into threat posture and slapping the one time I tried to manipulate her with a brush. I love my girl, but I don't mess with her... ever.
And yes, they are stunning...

Last edited:

BadDann

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
I have an adult female. Fairly fast growth rate. Care of spiderlings is pretty much the same as all of them - substrate a bit damp, feed pre-killed crickets or meal worm chunks, keep at room temperature. Setup of enclosures was exactly like all of my other terrestrial species - substrate, water dish, and a hide at room temperature.
This is an extremely fast species and is skittish all throughout their lives. If you do not have a hide, you risk them bolting right out of their enclosure. I have heard of several people losing theirs.
My girl will use her hide when I disturb her enclosure, but is otherwise usually out and about when I check on her. She has a voracious appetite and only fasts directly before moulting. She has never kicked hair at me, but she went right into threat posture and slapping the one time I tried to manipulate her with a brush. I love my girl, but I don't mess with her... ever.
And yes, they are stunning...
Wow. Great images! Thanks so much for the detailed response! Very informative for me!

I am either getting a gbb and pentaloris , or a geniculata and pulchripes. I hate making decisions!