davidmmx babies, without attachements

davidmmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is my new thread, since I used attachments in the old one and i had to erase them to use my attachments limit.

This is one of my B. smithi ( I have two ). I didn't knew how to call her until today, I decided she was going to be named "kirby" ;P silly, but I couldn't find anyone better.
This is kirby (I'm not sure about instars, just guessing)

5th

7th

8th, stretching just 18 hours after molting

My little A. versicolor, ungolianth. She has molted twice since the last picture, but she's soooo comfortable inside her nest that she won't come out.

4th

6th

And my (not so) little cute purpurea. When I received her I thought she was going to die, because she was unable to climb :8o but I dropped flies with her, and after some days with food and water she started to make her nest :worship:

3th ( that "dish" is the top of a photographic film container (how is that called in english??? ) )

7th

9th

showing her beautiful ass

searching a cricket

I like her so much that I'm considering to mate her myself (well, maybe I'll sex "her" before)

I hope my lil' versi will come out for a new session.

There are no pics of my other smithi, since she is not in the open very often.

Last edited:

davidmmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here are my attempts to sex kirby. First I threw a cricket, which was supposed to tell me as soon as it was under the spider. As you can see by the picture, kirby put her pedipalps over cricket's mouth, so it wasn't able to tell me:

This happened with many crickets, so I had to wait until this:

now, tell me, is that a girl??? Is that line supposed to be a spermatheque ??? I ask because kirby is growing as fast as my A. purpurea, and that shouldn't happen...

davidmmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cute babies
Thanks :D they grow so fast... I feel a bit sad about that sometimes, when I think about the time they will leave home and marry a stranger ...:eek:

No, those are not crystals. How could I be so careless????? That is some kind of gel supposed to retain some humidity. I don't know how do you call it in english :8o

Nothing about the sex part??

Last edited:

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks :D they grow so fast... I feel a bit sad about that sometimes, when I think about the time they will leave home and marry a stranger ...:eek:

No, those are not crystals. How could I be so careless????? That is some kind of gel supposed to retain some humidity. I don't know how do you call it in english :8o

Nothing about the sex part??

If I had to sex it from this picture I would say female.

davidmmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You made my day {D Anyway I'll try to get a better pic tonight. The skin has got crumpled up (is that the word??? ) but I read here how to solve that.

Thank youu :worship:

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You made my day {D Anyway I'll try to get a better pic tonight. The skin has got crumpled up (is that the word??? ) but I read here how to solve that.

Thank youu :worship:
usually if you look at the underside of a male in exact spot you took this picture (this has to be a male over a certain # of inches) it usually a dark black half circle.

davidmmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
great photos and nice animals
nice smithi
{D Thank you.. At first I didn't like my smithis at all, but now that they are growing I'm starting to like them much more.

I'll make new pics. after moving two of them to new enclosures

davidmmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Moving venor (A. purpurea)

Well, today was the day, and Venom had to be moved. The experience was clearly unpleasant for her. While I was tearing her web, she gave me her back and started webbing at the same time... I bet she thought she could web fast enough to keep me out.

After a few minutes I got her out of her nest:

(venom, 10 molts)

And then, she entered her new home:

(venom,10 molts)

Finally I got a pic from her underside:
(venom,10 molts)

I know there is a strange thing (like a line, going from the booklung to the spinnerets). I'm asking about that in the right forums in a few seconds, so I don't really need answers here.

Last, but not least, kirby being vicious with a cricket (you won't see any cricket though, because it was way smaller than K)
(kirby, 9 molts)

davidmmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This girl was jealous

so she came out to let me take a pic (too shy to be model)

Ungolianth (A.versicolor), 10 molts

davidmmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, another pic of my purpurea (just because I like it) and of one of my new babies. They are two rufilatas, but I haven't been able to take more than these to pics from one of them (I call her beryl, because she's pure eyecandy). I had to leave her cage open, because as soon as I touch her cage to open it, she runs into her hide.

The other don't even get more than two legs out, so no pics. I think I've got male and female, as one molts more than a week before the other (and they're supposed to be siblings)

Venom, 11 molts

Beryl, 5 molts

you knew I was going to post a pic from beryl's ass

davidmmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
New pics...

First, something we all want to post (and we MUST post)... one of my T's drinking. This was during one of those periods the are hiding to molt... in fact, I don't know if he/she had done it already... it's my A.purpurea, about 15 months old...

This is my A.versicolor... I NEED to move her to a new cage. Just now the entire cage is her nest. I'm buying a new one this weekend (tomorrow)

And now my pokies (rufilata).

You can see a pic of the small Beryl in the previous page. She was 4 molts old (maybe 3, I'm not sure). This was when she was 5molts old:

She got a bit fat... she fell that time to the leaf, like if she were too fat to keep herself stuck to the wall.

Well, the cage seemed big enough to hold her for two molts. The following pic proves me wrong. Beryl 6 molts old (I hope I'll get a discount buying several terrariums):

I really love those colors...

How do the grow so much with just a molt?????? It took several months to my avics to grow so much.

This is my other rufi... I call her Sputnik, and has molted some minutes ago. It's now so big she had to get outside her nest to do this (another cage...)

And last, but not least, Kirby, one of my happy smithi. The other is in a bigger enclosure...

BTW, sexing with that pic is impossible, right?

Last edited: