Darn I feel bad - Minatrix sling

orangeandbitey

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone. Today I was doing a little maintenance on all my avic sp. enclosures and I opened my minatrix front opening tupperware to give him some mist on the wall (its almost 2in) and as I closed it he kinda scurried and endin up shutting it on one of his TOES! He know isnt using that leg and kinda has it scrunched up when he walks :( hes my favorite T and I know he can't feel pain or anything, just feel bad. I assume he will be good next molt or two? And hes molting about once every 30-45 days and just molted about a week ago. It wasnt bleeding as far as I could tell. I'll keep any eye on it but has anyone else accidentally done something like this? I feel like a failure of a father haha.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If he isn't bleeding, he'll be just fine. Everyone does stupid stuff every now and then, so you better get used to it..

And hell, at least you didn't shake it to death because it disturbed you while you were laying farmville, so I'd say you're good to go parentwise :D

seezilla

Arachnopeon
Abra, the more of your posts I read, the more I like you. You have a sense of humor after my own heart. Will you have my internet babies?? LOL j/k
:D

Also, OP I'm sure your baby is ok. We all make mistakes and I say as long as your T isn't dead or doing the death curl as we speak, you have nothing to feel bad about.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I did that to my 1/2" versi... Felt bad and it was favoring the leg for a day. Thought it was gunna drop it, but after that it started using it again. No damage was done whatsoever but I still feel kinda bad about it. Good thing is that it just finished molting as I'm typing this and other than it being a little cold down there, I think it should be fine.

Hope everything goes well with your little one too.

orangeandbitey

Arachnopeon
woohoo! I just went up and checked on the little guy and hes now using that leg and it looks fine? I even got him out and let him crawl on (rarely do I handle my T's). Gosh I love this little guy. I'll post some pics in the morning if you all want to see him :) I appreciate the love!

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
woohoo! I just went up and checked on the little guy and hes now using that leg and it looks fine? I even got him out and let him crawl on (rarely do I handle my T's). Gosh I love this little guy. I'll post some pics in the morning if you all want to see him :) I appreciate the love!
Glad he's doing better! ;)

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
When I was brand new to keeping T's, I was given a freebie Trinidad Chevron sling. When rehousing it from its pill vial, it escaped - right over my arm. Well, being new, I had a knee jerk reaction and ended up flinging it across the room. :( Talk abut feeling horrible!!! I was certain I'd killed it, but a few minutes later I captured it. A couple days later, it lost two legs on one side. :( However, on the next molt, they grew right back! :)))

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If he isn't bleeding, he'll be just fine. Everyone does stupid stuff every now and then, so you better get used to it..

And hell, at least you didn't shake it to death because it disturbed you while you were laying farmville, so I'd say you're good to go parentwise :D
0_0 did some parent actually do that to their kid/pet?

on topic: I had an escapee from my colony of H. incei and in an effort to catch the speedy little bugger I ended up crushing 2 of his legs with the deli cup i was using x_X

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks, seezilla, as long as you take care of the kids, I'll have your e-babies :D

ANd yes, bobusboy, someone actually shook their kid to death because it bugger her while playing farmville..

Glad you're little one is better!