darkling beetle question

arachnabber

Arachnopeon
hello all, i am looking for a small (small enough so my bearded dragon won’t eat) darkling beetle species that does well in arid environments. any suggestions?

Arachnolover2

Arachnopeon
I think I can answer youre question, but could you clarify something first, are you planning to keep the darkling beetles in the same enclosure as the bearded dragon, or are you going to be using the darkling beetles as feeder insects.

arachnabber

Arachnopeon
I think I can answer youre question, but could you clarify something first, are you planning to keep the darkling beetles in the same enclosure as the bearded dragon, or are you going to be using the darkling beetles as feeder insects.
i am planning to keep them in my bioactive tank with my bearded dragon. Sorry, i should have specified

Arachnolover2

Arachnopeon
Ok.... I'm not sure that darkling beetles would be the best "janitory arthropods" for your bearded dragon's tank, because, as I'm sure we both know(I have had a bearded dragon for a few years now), bearded dragons will eat anything they can fit in their mouths, so I think that your best bet is to buy some springtails, and maybe a few isopods instead. One other thing to worry about with darkling beetles is their strong mandibles; which, like crickets, can harm your bearded dragon if left in its enclosure for too long, and can be especially deadly when the bearded dragon is shedding.

arachnabber

Arachnopeon
oh o
Ok.... I'm not sure that darkling beetles would be the best "janitory arthropods" for your bearded dragon's tank, because, as I'm sure we both know(I have had a bearded dragon for a few years now), bearded dragons will eat anything they can fit in their mouths, so I think that your best bet is to buy some springtails, and maybe a few isopods instead. One other thing to worry about with darkling beetles is their strong mandibles; which, like crickets, can harm your bearded dragon if left in its enclosure for too long, and can be especially deadly when the bearded dragon is shedding.
oh ok, thanks for the help mate