• The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.

Dark Forest Reptiles

CustomNature

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
TERRIBLE....

http://darkforestreptiles.com/index.html

Alright, here's the story. On kinsnake I saw an ad of theirs for pac-man frogs. What bothered me is the pictures of the pac-men (?) featured them eating other reptiles, such as baby corn snakes and other smaller baby pac-men frogs. The pictures were taken on a white background, so the feedings of the other animals was completely intentional done for entertainment if you ask me. Plus on the company's website the about us section does nothing but talk about how the owner is a mecca of captive reptile care... yet they do things like use those animals for feeders. I found it to be in very poor taste so I sent them the following message below, (NorthEastBugman) is me:

NorthEastBugman: "I'm confused... your website's "about us" section talks about this Nick guy and how he is a god of captive reptile care, and your ad on kingsnake has pictures of pacman frogs eating baby corn snakes and other baby pacman frogs??? I must have over-looked those feeders in the caresheets. I wanted to let you know that it is very unprofessional and your present yourself as a 10 year old kid that makes insects and other animals fight each other for his own entertainment."

A few minutes later, I recieved an email back from the COMPANY's email.. here it is below (censored of course):

DFRKINGSNAKE@aol.com: "go <edit> yourself"

You guys be the judge.

Last edited by a moderator:

nickbachman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I remember this thread from ages ago, I figure it could use an update. An employee at Dark Forest Reptiles was recently charged with animal cruelty, after throwing mice against walls and punching rabbits, among other things.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-0714reptileshop,0,5009915.story

http://www.cbs12.com/news/animal_4708544___article.html/store_arrested.html

Someone from Dark Forest Reptiles came onto MY frog forum under the fake name "jon and amy" and sung the praises of DFR and tried to change people's opinion of them (many of our members have had horrible experiences with them and have posted their stories in my Testimonials section). "jon and amy" just so happened to have registered using the email address dfrkingsnake@aol.com, the exact same address that HoldthePickle got a reply from when he emailed the company. :? {D :wall:

The thread "jon and amy" posted is pretty laughable, you can check it out if you'd like: PM me for the link

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Exactly Nick. Here's a lil' ol' cut-n-paste from FatFrogs about my experience with those <edit>...

Ask poster for link