Danji Isthmus's True spider and Arachnid Photos

Danji Isthmus

Arachnopeon
Figured I would make another thread for these ones since I have a -lot- of true spiders that I love taking photos of. I'm not the best at photography. So any kind critiques are great. Trying to save up for a better camera and and tripod since my hands shake badly.

But to start here is my Plexippus paykulli female and her babies that have wandered from the nest! All have taken to melanogaster flies well! This is the very first eggsac that I've cared for with a mother I've bred. So I am being cautiously optimistic.

mama p paykulli.jpg
Ppaykulli1.jpg
Ppaykulli2.jpg

These next two are Sicarius thomisoides

The orange one is freshly molted, the sandy one is just about to molt. This has been a very interesting specie to observe so far!

sicarius thomisoides.jpg
sicarius thomisoidesbm.jpg

This is my first and best girl, Flower. She's a P. reguis and I've had her for over a year now. She just recently laid some dud eggsacs since I've never paired her. I'd like to find her a male before her time is up but they are so popular right now haha

Flowerpeek.jpg flower.jpg

And one of the baby P. regius I took on when they were at 2i(they are currently 4i). I have 6 of them that someone gave to me at 1st instar. Thankfully they are all still doing well

baby.jpg

My Scytodes longipes taking down a roach. I love how haunting they look

spitter.jpg

And then there is Zorro. Who just molted into either his adult or subadult molt. Hoping the gals I got along with him were on the same track to adult hood haha

Hasarius adansoni

zorrowm.jpg

Danji Isthmus

Arachnopeon
Got these two sweet old ladies. One of them I might find a boyfriend for, the other one is a really really old lady so she'll just hang with me

Phiddipus adumbratus

adumbratus1.jpg adumbratus2.jpg adumbratus11.jpg

Danji Isthmus

Arachnopeon
Made a little 2 part video with all my jumping spiders. Next vid will be out next friday since these vids take so long to process oml
I'm not an advanced keeper or anything. But I'm learning as I go.

If I get anything horribly wrong please politely educate me! I love to learn but react badly to people talking down to me :)

Danji Isthmus

Arachnopeon
Part 2 of my now multiple part series on my jumping spider collection because I can't help myself and keep getting more. I really like studying their behaviors

Danji Isthmus

Arachnopeon
Part 3! It'll probably end up being an ongoing thing now lol Next week I'll take a break to do praying mantises

Jumper

Arachnosquire
Danji I, thank you for sharing your photos and videos of your kids.
Wife and I enjoyed some of your feeding videos.
P. Regius, P.audax, H.Giganteus & H.diardi are my favorite species.
My personal experience with the H.Diardi & H.Giganteus, they require more care than the Phid species.
Please keep humidity & temperatures levels up.

Jumper.

Danji Isthmus

Arachnopeon
Danji I, thank you for sharing your photos and videos of your kids.
Wife and I enjoyed some of your feeding videos.
P. Regius, P.audax, H.Giganteus & H.diardi are my favorite species.
My personal experience with the H.Diardi & H.Giganteus, they require more care than the Phid species.
Please keep humidity & temperatures levels up.

Jumper.
Hey thanks for the tip! I keep the animal room fairly warm, But at night it does drop to around 70f or 65 if it rains. Do you think that is too much drop for them? I checked and right now the pet room is around 78f today(it rained). Humidity is ambient in the 50% or higher during the summer in the room.

Been trying to do my due diligence, but some of the info online is so inconsistent.

Jumper

Arachnosquire
Danji I.
NP. I'm always happy to pass along my experience.
I felt they required a lot more attention because of their origin.
We always kept their temps at 75-85F day/night. IMO 70 is too cold.
Anything colder and they would act very sluggish and would scare us.
For their humidity, we sprayed their enclosures twice a day.
In the morning (3-4 sprays). In the evening (2-3 sprays).
Their enclosures had a lot ventilation.

H.Diardi's were more kinda like a city living lifestyle. (skittish)
H.Giganteus were more Island living lifestyle. (calm)
I've attached photos of them. Unfortunately they passed on this winter.
We are planning to get pair of M/F of each species this fall.
Janet Logg. (Jan Logg) is a awesome resource for these 2species.

Pandora feeding.jpeg Twinkie drinking from a Q-tip.jpeg

I hope this helps.

Jumper

Danji Isthmus

Arachnopeon
Danji I.
NP. I'm always happy to pass along my experience.
I felt they required a lot more attention because of their origin.
We always kept their temps at 75-85F day/night. IMO 70 is too cold.
Anything colder and they would act very sluggish and would scare us.
For their humidity, we sprayed their enclosures twice a day.
In the morning (3-4 sprays). In the evening (2-3 sprays).
Their enclosures had a lot ventilation.

H.Diardi's were more kinda like a city living lifestyle. (skittish)
H.Giganteus were more Island living lifestyle. (calm)
I've attached photos of them. Unfortunately they passed on this winter.
We are planning to get pair of M/F of each species this fall.
Janet Logg. (Jan Logg) is a awesome resource for these 2species.

View attachment 387365 View attachment 387366

I hope this helps.

Jumper

I bumped the temps 7-8 degrees (Their area is now around 80-85f degrees ambient during the day and 75-78 at night) and they have been more active the past few days. One of them was so spunky she jumped straight into the roach cup when I opened her enclosure for feeding and picked out the largest one for herself to eat for today. I've never had that happen before but it was pretty amusing. I got a photo of her with her catch that I'll upload later.

Danji Isthmus

Arachnopeon
She molted fairly recently so I guess I don't blame her for wanting a bigger meal haha. She was so fast to run over my hand straight into the roach cup. The other two weren't even half as interested.

prized catch.jpg

Jumper

Arachnosquire
Danji I. thanks for sharing the awesome pic.
Always like their take downs.
The other 2 h.diardi.
They might be a little thirsty.
Try using a q-tip with water at room temp.
If they walk up and latch on, then trying feeding the d.roaches later on that day,
They might be picky and prefer BB flies, or maybe try something smaller like 5-6 D.melanogaster flies.
Our H.diardi/Pandora only wanted BB Flies. We think she enjoyed the hunt.

-Jumper.

Danji Isthmus

Arachnopeon
Danji I. thanks for sharing the awesome pic.
Always like their take downs.
The other 2 h.diardi.
They might be a little thirsty.
Try using a q-tip with water at room temp.
If they walk up and latch on, then trying feeding the d.roaches later on that day,
They might be picky and prefer BB flies, or maybe try something smaller like 5-6 D.melanogaster flies.
Our H.diardi/Pandora only wanted BB Flies. We think she enjoyed the hunt.

-Jumper.
No problem! Wish I had caught it while videoing. It was really neat haha
Honestly I see so many people do the Q-tip trick I dunno why I haven't tried yet. Will do that after we run errands today.

I have a large order of BB spikes coming in later this week! I like feeding my animals a good variety of foods I was just struggling to find anyone with them for awhile. Hoping the amount can last me a bit but I do have quite a lot of critters that would love them. I've been supplementing the H. diardi's with hydei flies, they are just so small they can't be more than a tiny snack for them.