Daniel the mantis

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Thought he was a female when I first learned how to tell. (He's actually my first arthropod, but I research a lot.). Counted the segments few more times. Now I'm 90% sure he's a male.

DreamWeaver8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Me too. I looked into getting a fancy one, but I don't want to spend so much on something so short lived.
I have a few ghost mantids and I defiantly plan on breeding them. If you are interested id be willing to send plenty to you for the price of shipping :happy:

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
How big is your setup? Basically if the cage is three times his height or more, than your good.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Why wouldn't he? He eats. He's molted. I keep him a bit humid. Is my setup wrong? I am new to this.
Mantids are very prone to molting issues, but S. carolina don't usually suffer from this. If it was a T. sinensis, I'd be very surprised if it survived.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
That's good. Yep for all of his life he will be able to live in there, good luck on there.
Thanks! I am making him a new home though. It's very difficult for me to get into that one to clean it and Daniel is a messy eater.
He ate the back end of a cricket once and let the front end crawl away.....

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Yes, one time my mantis (this was an exotic mind you) ate an insect and it left parts of it. That does happen as sometimes mantids can't finish the whole cricket, so they eat the soft parts and leave the hard parts behind. You can feed them honey.