Dangergirl's enclosures and T's

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As some of you know I'm new to the hobby. Here are some of my T's and their houses {D

My outgoing "Mercury" (B.Boehemi)

My lurking "Casanova" (B.Auratum)

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welcome to the hobby! May it become your addiction! :D

And I must say that you have some beauties!;)

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here he is again "Mercury"

"Shadow" my Pulchra, in his house

"Lucy" my female Chilean Rose (G.Rosea)

"Ali T" (C.Fasciatum)

and another of "Casanova" my male (B.Auratum)

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks. I make my own enclosures :eek:

I'm making a new one tomorrow for my Chevron based on the acrylic ones I've seen on sites like tarantulacages.com and from guys here on the forum.
I make mine out of glass though, and just have holes drilled in the glass and add ventilation covers. These too I cant buy locally so I buy furniture ones at the hardware store and modify them slightly.

I am planning to make myself enclosures like the ones I've seen TheNatural make for his terrariums, in the long run ... it's still all a learning process for me.

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
New photos of Lucy

This is the first time I've handled Lucy :)
(hey, only been in the hobby 2 months)
It was awesome - have been taking her for "walks" ...

When I open her enclosure she comes up to me ...

And now I can see her up close :razz:

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Where my enclosures live

OK this is where I keep my enclosures right now ... on top of my Bearded dragon tank in my home office. Though I can see I'm gonna run out of space soon :}

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

My Emilia spiderling "Chilli" (B.Emilia)

Those terarriums are good but l think ventilation is not enough.And also l would like to add something,you should decrease the humidity in your Grammostola rosea's and Brachypelma auratum's terrariums.

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks Fatich ... The Auratums enclosure is very dry and have already made Lucy's new home a desert type enclosure with a screen top. I'm trying to get some of those circular vents from tarantulacages.com :)

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I am really impressed by your glass cutting skills. Very nice looking. I might have to try my hand as some glass cutting one of these days. Your going to have to build yourself a shelf soon!! Im sure that will be a breeze for you. :D

harmroelf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those terarriums are good but l think ventilation is not enough.And also l would like to add something,you should decrease the humidity in your Grammostola rosea's and Brachypelma auratum's terrariums.
Both rosea and auratum have wet seasons in nature, they should have no problem with a moist terrarium, as long as it isn't the whole year trough...

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Really nice photo's I am really enjoying the cages. I wish I could build cages like that, sadly I am only useful when it comes to building things when it is legos. :cool:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Love the enclosures! That auratum is phenomenal, even in the long range shot, its strikingly stands out!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
LOVE everything about this thread! Gorgeous Ts, awesome enclosures, and stunning photography!

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Your enclosure are bad ass, thanks for giving me some good idea :) btw do you light your enclosure with Uv light so that the plant won't die ?