Damon medius successful captive breeding

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Just some photos I took along the way, felt good to finally breed this species. Here’s to hoping I can continue captive breeding them🤞
A676066A-18B6-4DFE-8B8D-25E9EC9D0DFF.jpeg
7EC27438-60E4-490B-B198-3D1EC0C988A6.jpeg

Tarn

Arachnopeon
Congratulations on your baby spaghetti! How long have you been trying for babies?

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
congrats please post the details on how you pulled it off
Main issue was getting adults healthy enough to breed, but I accomplished that by keeping them really wet and providing crickets/periplaneta when possible. I paired them after the female molted, nothing too serious, just introduced the male to him and found a spermatophore in a few days.

ForTW

Arachnobaron
Congrats, must be a real pleasure!
Just fascinating, how they behave and move.

that1ocelot

Arachnoknight
Main issue was getting adults healthy enough to breed, but I accomplished that by keeping them really wet and providing crickets/periplaneta when possible. I paired them after the female molted, nothing too serious, just introduced the male to him and found a spermatophore in a few days.
Not to necro (but I still will), I imagine they came in quite battered. Did you wait until the female molted because she was missing limbs/in bad shape, or did you just wait so she wouldn't shed the eggs?

I'd love to know more about the process if you're willing.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Not to necro (but I still will), I imagine they came in quite battered. Did you wait until the female molted because she was missing limbs/in bad shape, or did you just wait so she wouldn't shed the eggs?

I'd love to know more about the process if you're willing.
I just waited till she molted to make sure that she was fully recovered/established to captive life. Molting also allowed for regeneration of limbs, and also prevents them from molting right after successfully mating