Damon diadema winter appetite and temperature

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My three Damon diadema have not been eating as much over the winter. I am sure I can attribute this in part to the fact that they are mature/near mature, so they just don't need to eat as much as they did their first year of life, while they were growing faster. Part of it is likely due to temperature. The room dips into the high to mid 60s F in December, January, and a February, especially at night.

They've probably averaged one cricket per month, perhaps a bit less, over the past three months.

I know this species doesn't need a lot of food, but during the summer, I would expect an adult to eat at least two times a month.

Have any other D. diadema keepers noticed this, or do you keep them warm enough over the winter that this is a non-issue?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't have as much of a dip in temp at my place, but I've noticed that during the winter they still tend to eat less, even when young. It'll pick back up again as spring and summer roll in.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't have as much of a dip in temp at my place, but I've noticed that during the winter they still tend to eat less, even when young. It'll pick back up again as spring and summer roll in.
Good to know, thank you!